Author Topic: Entreprise NCC-1701  (Read 13966 times)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: Entreprise NCC-1701
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2021, 08:15:37 »
I wonder if the additional sets will include Expendables (those crew members used for planet exploration you just knew would not be coming back!)?
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2021, 08:46:02 »
I wonder if the additional sets will include Expendables (those crew members used for planet exploration you just knew would not be coming back!)?

When I first saw that I imagined Stallone :love: and Lundgren :love: ... but I suppose you mean red shirts? :P

WILL there be additional sets?

Offline rufusxavier1977

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2021, 17:43:22 »
I can’t help but have mixed feelings about this set. I feel like I AM the target demographic for this set: an adult Playmobil collector and a huge Star Trek fan that has other nerdy Star Trek toys around. I must be the type of customer they were going for. But as that target demographic, I don’t know about this. Its cool, but it’s very expensive and very big. Where would I even put it? I would much rather have had a stand alone bridge playset that I could display on my shelf. Maybe a transporter room playset or a small planet set with fake looking rocks, plants, and aliens. And they have done such a good job with vehicles lately (mystery machine, ecto-1, etc.) that I feel like they could have done a great shuttlecraft. Maybe some of these ideas will come later, but if their sales fall short with this giant who knows?

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2021, 00:17:03 »
Thanks for the link with extra pics!

The more I see of the set the more I want it, but that price!
Its cool, but it’s very expensive and very big. Where would I even put it?

I´m thinking exactly the same...
Also, if I knew they would never again release such a big/expensive collectors item, I might go for it. But like said before, what if they release more sets in this class later one? I don´t want to miss out on e.g. an 'HMS Trimaster' or a 'Mississippi Steamer' in 2022 or 2023 because I spent my money and space in 2021 on Kirk´s Enterprise.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline drbatesy

• Playmo Fanatic
    • Early Modern Playmobil
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2021, 10:13:55 »
I wonder if the additional sets will include Expendables

They all had the same colour shirt on didn't they? Was it red?  :lol:

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2021, 10:19:49 »
Also, if I knew they would never again release such a big/expensive collectors item, I might go for it. But like said before, what if they release more sets in this class later one? I don´t want to miss out on e.g. an 'HMS Trimaster' or a 'Mississippi Steamer' in 2022 or 2023 because I spent my money and space in 2021 on Kirk´s Enterprise.

I guess if the Enterprise is a succes, we definitely might expect other collector sets in this price range. Personally I will wait for other possible treats... I still think it might be possible they will do the BTTF train after the Enterprise... That's a yes to me!
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline Redmao

• Playmo Lover
  • Playmo adventurer
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2021, 15:55:57 »
I wish that they would have done just a bridge playset instead. Space, not the final frontier, but the store/display space is getting smaller each year.

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2021, 16:30:16 »
As someone who watched the original Star Trek when it was first broadcast, who actually shed tears because Spock could not love, and whose world-view was forever shaped by the message in "Let That Be Your Last Battlefield," I will definitely get this set.   8-)
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline gloobey

• Playmo Fanatic
    • My Illustration Website
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2021, 21:46:35 »
As a collector I'm very excited about this set. The price tag is a bit much, but it's such a unique thing for Playmobil to do. I can't wait to get this.

As a shop owner, I'm very concerned about people being able to afford the set, but can't imagine not ordering any. I ended up placing an order for 5 units, 1 of which I am buying for myself for Christmas. I'm hoping the others can find good homes too.
What's the point of going, if you can't get there on a train?

Offline gloobey

• Playmo Fanatic
    • My Illustration Website
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2021, 21:53:17 »
With that kind of price tag I’d expect the price on this one to be slashed faster than you can say ‘to boldly go …’

Still haven’t seen any pics, but considering it’ll just be a lump of plastic (albeit a huge one) the price is very very steep. And for a mass-market toy available at retail (as opposed to a limited run, collector’s product) it is doubly so.

We’ll see …
It looks like there will be 5000 units in total.
What's the point of going, if you can't get there on a train?