General > Trains!

A Baggage Car for the Panorama Express

(1/4) > >>

playmofire:
I have three of the Playmobil Panorama Express coaches to be pulled by my 4052 loco. However, I have often felt that the train somehpw looks "unfinished" and that a baggage car is needed. I've thought a long time how to do it when last week I remembered that I had some red plastic stick on sheet used sometimes by aeromodellers which was close enough to the right shade for a dummy run. So here is the result, but please remember it is only a trial version. Whether to find a closer match in the stick on sheet or spray paint the panels is the question now.

Richard:
Hello Gordon,
As you might remember, I have always been interested in Playmobil and LGB trains. And, in my opinion, you’ve done a great job creating your baggage car for your Panorama Express!
Love the photos. Especially, the one by the water!
Question: Gordon, at your ripe old age, are you still able to comfortably get down on the floor/ground to set up your trains? I’m sure that you remember that I’m a bit older than you. Age and arthritis has now negated my being able to romp about on the floor. Unfortunately, I’m now limited to table top track layouts.
Gordon, thanks for sharing and all the best,
Richard

Tiermann:
A simple and elegant solution Gordon, it looks great! I may have to try thst since I have ended up with quite a few of these csrs. Did you make any internsl modifications, or plan to?

Giorginetto:
Beatiful , thanks for sharing

4052 is one of the best playmo sets of the 80s if you ask me . Them baggage cars looks great with the 4052 loco  :wave:

playmofire:

--- Quote from: Tiermann on April 21, 2020, 18:31:18 ---A simple and elegant solution Gordon, it looks great! I may have to try thst since I have ended up with quite a few of these csrs. Did you make any internsl modifications, or plan to?

--- End quote ---

I'm thinking I will try and fit some form of racking in the blanked off part with suitable cases on it and maybe a partition door between that area and the rest f the carriage, which would become seating for the reserve crew and guard.  If I do this, I think I may leave a clear strip down the middle of the roof panel to let light in.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version