Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Mystery Figures Series / Re: Series 25 - 71455 and 71456
« Last post by Janilew on Today at 18:54:18 »
What a terrible time to be American. :') There's only ONE store that's quite a way from my house that even sells blind bags, but they're woefully behind. If anyone has old collections laying around, please keep us (especially me) updated. :wave:
Brainstorming For Playmobil / Re: What's wrong with Playmobil? 2
« Last post by Indianna on Today at 15:02:03 »
Speaking of differences between Playmobil and LEGO:  a few years ago LEGO purchased BrickLink which had become the largest secondhand marketplace for LEGO.  They realize that collectors and their creations are powerful advertisements and that a marketplace for used LEGO actually helps LEGO retail sales.  They own and maintain the site.  Here are a couple of interesting quotes from Bricklink's FAQ page:

"BrickLink was acquired by the LEGO Group because it is interested in strengthening the connection with the AFOL community and finding new ways of doing this through improvements to existing functions on the platform."
     "The LEGO Group has been clear that it won’t interfere with how sellers operate or the healthy competition that exists in the marketplace. It sees BrickLink as a complementary service to its own parts selling services."
     "The LEGO Group is keen to make sure that the platform develops in collaboration with the community – it has acknowledged that BrickLink already serves its users very well and is not planning to make changes straight away."

On the other hand, when the Collector's Club existed, members who tried to sell their exclusive club items were kicked out or threatened with it.   ::)
« Last post by JPSA on Today at 14:32:30 »
And there is the problem ….. How does a long lasting durable toy that collectors choose to buy multiples of used on 3rd party sites , that can be again resold help playmobil’s balance sheet?

Well, ditto for Lego, and it isn't preventing them from doing well financially.

Also, buying used sets is a way for getting into it, for not too much money — especially if you are into construction-play, and/or have a world to grow ( particularly one that relies on sets that are currently out of production ).  But, sooner or later, one will likely end up making new Playmobil purchases, to add this or that ( or simply because it's about the same price, or sometimes cheaper, to get the new edition, or version, of an item, compared to used ).

Finally, selling cheap looking, ephemeral products, doesn't seem to be a winning strategy for Playmobil, so they might as well stick to quality ( long-term value ), even if that bolsters the used market.  Incidentally: Are klickies disposable?  No, they last forever ( pretty much ).  Yet, that doesn't prevent people from wanting to buy more.  Durability, and strong resell value, doesn't necessarily hinder long-term sales, imo.
Welcome! / MOVED: Simabil post no.1
« Last post by GrahamB on Today at 13:36:13 »
This topic has been moved to [Moderation Hub].

https://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=18067.0
« Last post by Rasputin on Today at 13:17:51 »
One of my sons from years back. This is one of the play rooms I had for them

One more of “what’s wrong with Playmobil”

You should have seen how their US marketing department dealt with grass roots advertisers such as myself years ago.
« Last post by Rasputin on Today at 13:09:27 »
And there is the problem …..

How does a long lasting durable toy that collectors choose to buy multiples of used on 3rd party sites , that can be again resold help playmobil’s balance sheet?

I doubt many target customers are buying with the consideration  of future resale value

Me think the target customers are interested in wholesome educational concepts

Me think moving production to the US will destroy the brand. If the Chinese take over then they can move a production facility to Mexico, then i can sent some of my amigos to go “dumpster diving” as is done at Malta
Direct Service/Parts Queries / Re: Playmobil DE ordering down?
« Last post by tigana123 on Today at 12:22:13 »
I think it has to do with the IP used. I tried in GR store from VPN with NL IP and I got this message. Afterwards I tried with a GR IP and ordering went fine!

So it seems we need to use a German IP to order from the German site !!!!!!!    :hmm:
Any updates on this? I bought the same figure from two different stores and it had the same code for both !!!
« Last post by JPSA on Today at 04:20:07 »
...Now that's a bridge!!!  That kid (you?) is doing fine. :)  ...That's what you want: a kid with ambition!

PM construction-play costs aren't that bad.  Just buy two used steck castles, or system-x hospitals, or space bases, and a budding engineer / designer already a lot to play with.  We're talking $350 on the US Ebay, at most — much less if you live in Europe — which is fairly reasonable.  Also, given that Playmobil tend to keep their value, and can be easily resold, that isn't such a bad deal.

Also, if anyone thinks PM construction-play is expensive: try Lego!!!  :D  Yes, they're small, but they reproduce very quickly ( ending up costing an arm and a leg, before you know it ).

Room-wise, well...

I think that a Chinese company should just start making Playmobil with out permission from Branstater Company.

...Forget that.  I think Brandstätter should consider moving production to the US, instead!  With the energy crisis going full bore in Europe, I heard Germany is rapidly de-industrializing, and many deutsch companies are now electing to move production to the good ol' US of A.  ...Funny how geopolitics work; it almost seems by design! ☺
« Last post by Rasputin on Today at 04:02:48 »

Not many impulse buyers are willing to invest lots of funds just so their family can build. Not only is it expensive but Playmobil is considerably larger and requires quite a bit of space

Us nut cases are too few
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10