Author Topic: Trouble brewing  (Read 4672 times)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: Trouble brewing
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2012, 06:24:21 »
A very exciting story indeed!!! Please, keep it coming!!!

Offline Markassius

• Future Knight
  • Playmo Enthusiast
  • Knights and Future, what a combo
    • My collection
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2012, 13:34:11 »
With a big *PLOP* that echoed around the court yard, the driver got the cargo out of the cart. "I will always wonder how they got it in" he complained.
The king watched the large wooden barrel. Could this be it? Was his plan falling to pieces after all? But he was sure the Lions would not be able to get it right, that was impossible!

"Fetch the prisoner!" the king ordered. The keeper of the keys unlocked the door and unchained the prince.
"Come quickly, the king needs you", the keeper shouted. "He is not my king" the prince protested, clutching the stone tablet. Somehow no one else seemed to be able to see it. He went down the stairs, glad his chain was off.

The impatient king had already tasted the content of the barrel and smiled. No, those lions had not gotten it right.
"My spies have told me you lions could make the perfect ale and that you are the best at brewing" the king said to the prince, "but this tastes just like any other ale. Your father knows what happens next. No perfect ale is no perfect son." The king nodded to the hooded man, who stepped forward.
The prince stood firm. "How could my father give you the perfect brew if you took away his perfect brewer?" he asked. "Here, let me do my thing and taste again."
While the prince filled the cup, he read the lines from the tablet under his breath. The ale started to glow for a moment. The prince handed the cup to the king, who took a sip.
"Why...? What...? How...?" the king shouted confused.  "This ale is perfect in every way!"

After things had settled down, the king held up to his end of the bargain and freed the prince. The prince climbed onto the cart and headed for the waiting knights. They all joined into a convoy, as the Falcon knights raced inside to get a taste of the ale themselves.

Robin jumped onto the horse of the cart. "Good to see you, sire",  he said. "Good to see you too, Robin" the prince smiled "now lets get back to the castle. My family must be worried. What a joke that the king of the Falcons had Trouble Brewing!". As they made their way south, Falcon Keep was closed again. Only the sounds of happy men could be heard from within.

Hidden from view, the strange man Emrys watched the lions go home. In his hand, the stone tablet. The markings on it seemed to change. No longer was it a recipe to the perfect ale but it was now a powerfull spell to tame a dragon.

"Ah, it is time for me to get involved in the dragon knights tale" Emrys smiled.
"Better change into the right outfit for that story."

As for the grim foes from the North, they would no longer be a force to be used by evil kings. Emrys had made sure of that.

---The End---

or is it?
It's OK to panic, as long as you follow the correct procedure

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2012, 13:49:17 »
Heh, I already wondered what happened to those wolf knights.  :lol:

Kind of reminds me of the end at Monthy Python's holy grail movie.

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2012, 20:14:42 »
What a really great story enjoyed it very much, those Lion Knights are clearly quite clever  :)