Author Topic: Another New Figure, 70607, & Another New Controversy  (Read 2252 times)

Offline Erik

• Playmobil crusader / Toyhunter
  • Playmo Master
Re: Another New Figure, 70607, & Another New Controversy
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2021, 06:28:48 »
I myself am a collector of (mostly) vintage Playmobil, and I for one am quite indifferent to this set...Maybe we should stop overthinking everything a bit more.

If you don't like the set or aren't in any means interested in it (like I am), just don't buy it-simple as that.I won't buy it, but just because I have no use for it in any of my Playmo-realms.

Please don't act like "this devilish TOY set will lead our poor helpless children astray and plunge them on eternal mindless darkness"...Kids are smarter that that, and will use their great imagination with this set, just like with every other Playmobil-set.

Some people seem to find a reason to criticize EVERYTHING nowadays...It's getting a bit silly and tiresome.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 06:49:10 by Erik »
The most valiant knights are made of German plastic!!!

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2021, 09:53:37 »
I agree with much of what you wrote, Eric.

In addition to having opinions about the possible effects on children, as Collectors and enthusiasts, we are also interested in the direction Playmobil seems to be going. Like you, Eric, I love the early PM stuff. What this set and other recent releases suggest is that geobra seem increasingly unlikely to reissue Steck sets, or Nürenberger Guards, or 7400, or many other hoped-for sets!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Redmao

• Playmo Lover
  • Playmo adventurer
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2021, 12:35:54 »
No controversy here.
No need to make her an airhead and be angry about this set, she can give useful skincare tips or maybe she could be a movie makeup artist.

Don't want here to be a a makeup reviewer? Give her other accessories from your collection.
Give her a drill and she becomes a home repair tip giver. Give her a paintbrush and she gives painting tutorials.

That's the whole magic of Playmobil, every klicky can become what you want with a few changes of accessories.

Offline Erik

• Playmobil crusader / Toyhunter
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2021, 12:39:22 »
I agree with much of what you wrote, Eric.

In addition to having opinions about the possible effects on children, as Collectors and enthusiasts, we are also interested in the direction Playmobil seems to be going. Like you, Eric, I love the early PM stuff. What this set and other recent releases suggest is that geobra seem increasingly unlikely to reissue Steck sets, or Nürenberger Guards, or 7400, or many other hoped-for sets!

That is COMPLETELY true, Graham...I for one really dislike the "direction" Playmobil seems to be going too.I'm genuinely afraid the sort of Playmobil that we knew and came to love with such passion is gone forever.
The most valiant knights are made of German plastic!!!

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2021, 20:35:33 »
I have a few ideas for additional (a)social media sets... >:D  ;D

Please share these ideas, by message if they are not suitable for posting.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman: