Author Topic: 5246 western goldmine review  (Read 9195 times)

Offline toyologist

• Playmo Lover
Re: 5246 western goldmine review
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2012, 00:50:59 »
Nice review! There's a lot to this set. I like the avalanche feature, but I feel sorry for that poor donkey!

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2012, 01:06:38 »
Thanks for the review. I probably wont get it but you never know, there are some useful bits there.

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2012, 07:48:24 »
i really like the new style barrell carrier and rope. It looks like you could put a 3rd one on top also
, beast of burden

why just a third barrel? could just as well lay the dynamite crate on top of it with two clickies sitting on it with their mining equipment.  >:D

Just kidding.  :lol: Although it does make me curious about how much you could stack on top of the donkey or horse this way.
Great review, it looks like a very nice set. Was there only one gun? they used to come in sets of five.

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2012, 15:54:23 »
There was only one gun. I want more of these.

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2012, 16:12:23 »
Thanks for the review, Elric!! Looks like a nice set. :)
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2012, 17:53:25 »
why just a third barrel? could just as well lay the dynamite crate on top of it with two clickies sitting on it with their mining equipment.  >:D

Just kidding.  :lol: Although it does make me curious about how much you could stack on top of the donkey or horse this way.
Great review, it looks like a very nice set. Was there only one gun? they used to come in sets of five.

:lol: work that animal  :woohoo: :whip:

It just looks like it was intended to have a third. If you look at the saddle you can see it is concave in the middle right were a barrel would lye . Mind you yes a full barrel of this size is approx 60 gallons. If they were filled with water @ 8 lbs per gallon you have approx 500lbs each, times 3 is 1500 pounds. If you use the traditional body weight ratio of 30 to 40% that donkey would have to weight in at 5000 lbs. Even if the barrels were empty they would be close to 300lbs making the donkeys weight needing to be around 1000lbs. of course back then they could care less if the beast of burden would be subject to back problems so I am sure they just used and abused them.  :'(

I too wish the guns came as they used to, in a spruce of five. The way guns fall out of the holster so easily its nice to have a well stocked gun shop.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2012, 19:05:35 »
I think you could fit two more on top. I put two if the bigger green barrels on top but its unstable.

Offline Georgeag1972

• Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2012, 23:05:11 »
Many thanks for the review, wonderful set I want that too. :love:

George.
  Your passion, is inspiration for us!!!!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2012, 15:20:17 »
Thank you for this great pics and review, Elric!!!

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2012, 11:29:51 »
Great pics! Looks like a fun set. I like the lantern, especially.