Author Topic: 5149 E-rangers Headquarters  (Read 9998 times)

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
5149 E-rangers Headquarters
« on: November 27, 2011, 17:46:01 »
Here I will show some pics of the Future Planet E-rangers Headquarters. It’s really a wonderful set; I have this set for a day now and for me it’s in the same category as the 3536 space station. As told in another thread I did not make pics while un-opening, but made some nice pics of the inside of the station, the technical “thingies” and of course the klicky’s.

First the box art, the front is shown here.

And here’s the back of the box.

And just as with the pyramid for example, the front cover of the box is double sided and shows the specialties of the set, which I will show you too in this review.

:playmo: :egypt: :roman: :builder: :playmo:

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
Re: 5149 E-rangers Headquarters
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 17:50:43 »
Let’s begin with the Segway, unlike a real Segway containing gyroscopes this one has a stand to stand upright  :lol: :lol: :hmm:. The Segway is made from a base with System X holes by which the wheels can be attached to. The fun thing is the Segway can be made to a flying personal transporter containing wings (jet) or a personal transporter with propellers more helicopter like.

Dicycle:

Helicopter:

Jet:

In helicoptor mode, the propellors can be rotated 360 degrees. The collectobot in the back of the picture is not included in this set,
he just wanted to be with his friends.. :P :P

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 17:57:09 »
As mentioned in the review of the 5155 darksters speed glider review, the electrical equipment doesn’t work without the box containing an energy stone. However, if you put the box in the lock al electrical items on the base will work. (It's not really magic, the set runs on three AAA penligts ;D)
BTW the propeller above the tree is an exception this one works only in (sun) light with or without the energy stones. Can you imagine this tiny detail of this headquarters is ideal to teach kids the benefits of solar energy!!!!! Too bad the other electrical devices won’t work, this is a minor point.  ;)  The Photovoltaic cell had to be bigger probably.

Anyway this is how the energy rock in its box fits in the lock,

The blue and red light blink alternating.

red

blue

And here’s a pic of the LED light. They give of a rather high intensity.

I will continue with more pics in a minute……

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 18:21:52 »
Next the photovoltaic cell, a nice asset of the headquarters. The cell is accompanied with a cable which is plugged into the propeller. This propeller is an independent unit and works only with the solar cell.
I don’t know if you can upload a movie on this forum then the rotating propeller could be shown, so here are some pics of the solar cell without direct sunlight on it and with sunlight on it. 8-) 8-)

Hand in front of the cell (no light, no rotation)

Hand away from the cell (light, rotation)

Very cool I think  8-) 8-) 8-)

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 18:34:56 »
Here are the klicky’s lined up sideways:

From left to right:

Lex Laser, Rob Rocket, Jack Genius, Fiona Flowers and Mechanic Man  :lol: :lol: :lol:
I've seen that animation on playmobil.com (dutch) 5 times now and now I know the names of the klicky's
oke a little  8} I agree.

Very nice klicky's probably lots of customization possibilities with modern klickies. Besides the headband with the visor is very neat and looks futuristic as is the transparent microphones attached to the other headbands (helmets).

One problem with this set is all that transparent plastic.... I really dislike grease fingerprints on PM and this stuff is really a nightmare...everything is visible on it. :(  But it looks spectacular when pristine!

The yellow wristband on Lex and Jack are nice but contain a sticker, I would have preferred that they were made as the microphones with ink on the plastic.

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 18:57:27 »
Here a pic of the K.O. flashgun (it probably translates this way I guess). I'm very curious how it works on the darksters cars, have to wait some while for not all my money should be spend on PM. I have to eat too.  0) :munch: :munch:

The crew together in the headquarters, holding their futuristic guns.

And a picture taken through the grey transparent walls of the headquarters.

And here's an overview pic. (Later tonight I will post some pics shot through the gates)

As I said before I really adore this set, it has some nice "normal" accessories like pliers, screwdriver, hammer and besides some new equipment like mechanical pliers, some funny guns and not to forget the energy rocks. Concerning the solar cell and the LED light the cables are ugly, it would have been nice if there was a possibility to hide them.

So the klicky's, the segway, the electrical devices, the accessories make this set a real beauty of the theme Future Planet and worth all the euro's spent. I had a 15% discount....well the sint (=dutch Santa Claus) had anyway.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 19:00:36 »
At risk of sounding extremely shallow... I like Fiona's hair. :-[

Thanks for the review! This is such a great set, definitely on my list. The solar-powered feature makes it soooo cool and educational. I didn't realize it had that. And I love the segway/personal transport vehicle.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Ace

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2011, 19:02:06 »
This is a beautiful set and an equally well done review! I really like the different Klickeys, and it looks like there's a lot of places for SystemX connection inside the station :eh?:. I can't wait until this comes out in the U.S :love:!
Ace :brownhair:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2011, 19:21:51 »
MUST NOT BUY.

But I want the klickys...

Thanks for the great review. I hadn't realized about the solar thing either.. really nice.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2011, 19:53:54 »
Some very interesting features in this set!!! I have a craving for getting it... thanks for the pics!! The led features look very interesting!!!