Poll

What should be Playmobil's next move design-wise?

Re-design of the clicky with more articulations
0 (0%)
Re-design of the legs of the clickies so they would be independent instead of one piece
1 (2.7%)
More electronic gadgets, apps and technological/internet features
3 (8.1%)
More bennded legs and arms in other themes (other than sports)
2 (5.4%)
Expand the Super 4 Franchise with more episodes, new sets and a movie
2 (5.4%)
Expand to the movies franchise business (like LEGO)
7 (18.9%)
Go back to basis
13 (35.1%)
Other (EXPLAIN WHAT)
9 (24.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Voting closed: January 09, 2016, 17:15:42

Author Topic: The future of Playmobil  (Read 10541 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: The future of Playmobil
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2016, 22:27:42 »
I want to know about the kids but this is not the place  :lol:

Klickteryx, have you seen the classic football (aka soccer) players and the NHL players, their feet move?
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2016, 22:34:18 »
I would like to see a Japanese folklore theme

I would like to see a classic chinese folklore theme

I would like to see a Persian folklore theme

I would like to see a Russian folklore theme

I would like to see a classic American theme, 50's-ish theme

I would like to see a revamped Victorian theme with natural colors

I would like them all to be neutral in theory, no violence or division , just people being people
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2016, 22:44:22 »
Why does this tread feel like a geobra milking process?

We give ideas, they take them and make huge money on them and claim copyrights?

Then we have to buy our own ideas ???

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2016, 23:28:26 »
Sticker and draw on faces... It's a cute idea, but as someone who watches a small child, please no. :uhoh: I've already had to hide the gemstone stickers. She thinks they are pretty, but inevitably picks them off and they end up all over the floor. I don't want to deal with also having to look for klicky faces in the carpet.

She wants the horse legs to move independently, like the giraffe legs. I think the klickies that don't bend at all (not the skirt-wearing ones; the ones with the non-frame that has no waist movement) were a bad move because I know that if I give small child one, she will be frustrated at it not bending like the other klickies.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 23:34:09 by Ismene »

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2016, 00:25:56 »

Klickteryx, have you seen the classic football (aka soccer) players and the NHL players, their feet move?
Yes, but I don't regard them as proper klickies as they are bascially counters for a game. They're not usable outside of the games without heavy conversion.
They show that separate legs can be done though. When I first saw the speedo klickies I thought they might have legs that could move separately. Special versions of that form should have been used for the Olympic sets, it would not have required much effort to make those legs pivot on each other, then the gymnast could have done the splits, you could have had a martial arts person doing a kick. Thinking of which, they should make the karate man have a spring action arm that can break the board he comes with - things like that would make the toy better.

You could have knights with such arms hacking away with a smile on their face. ;D

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2016, 07:00:49 »
Yes, but I don't regard them as proper klickies as they are bascially counters for a game. They're not usable outside of the games without heavy conversion.
They show that separate legs can be done though. When I first saw the speedo klickies I thought they might have legs that could move separately. Special versions of that form should have been used for the Olympic sets, it would not have required much effort to make those legs pivot on each other, then the gymnast could have done the splits, you could have had a martial arts person doing a kick. Thinking of which, they should make the karate man have a spring action arm that can break the board he comes with - things like that would make the toy better.

You could have knights with such arms hacking away with a smile on their face. ;D

A long time ago there was a master customizer who created split working legs ...now to try and remember who they were  ???

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2016, 07:32:09 »
A long time ago there was a master customizer who created split working legs ...now to try and remember who they were  ???

I remember this, too.  I wonder if it was the same customiser who made the klickies with movable bodies at the waist, of which I have six firefighters.  Mobilux comes to mind, but I can't be sure.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2016, 14:39:02 »
I think it was macgyver, another brilliant customizer!

EDIT: found it!  :love:  http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=10512.msg194742#msg194742 I guess these are heat bent though, not moving independently. Did someone do that as well?
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2016, 15:59:00 »
I think it was macgyver, another brilliant customizer!

EDIT: found it!  :love:  http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=10512.msg194742#msg194742 I guess these are heat bent though, not moving independently. Did someone do that as well?

Hello, to the link   :o wow e zow e that reminds me of good things. Thanks for my next picture looking adventure bb  :lol:

I seem to recall a master builder actually split the legs. It was rather simple too, in concept. If I recall correctly they cut the legs in half put in a dowel and set them back in. Seems simple but takes the patience of a master  ;)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2016, 19:25:15 »
She wants the horse legs to move independently, like the giraffe legs.

Have her play with a couple of old giraffes or zebras. She'll be cured i no time  :P