Poll

What should be Playmobil's next move design-wise?

Re-design of the clicky with more articulations
0 (0%)
Re-design of the legs of the clickies so they would be independent instead of one piece
1 (2.7%)
More electronic gadgets, apps and technological/internet features
3 (8.1%)
More bennded legs and arms in other themes (other than sports)
2 (5.4%)
Expand the Super 4 Franchise with more episodes, new sets and a movie
2 (5.4%)
Expand to the movies franchise business (like LEGO)
7 (18.9%)
Go back to basis
13 (35.1%)
Other (EXPLAIN WHAT)
9 (24.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Voting closed: January 09, 2016, 17:15:42

Author Topic: The future of Playmobil  (Read 10515 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: The future of Playmobil
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2015, 15:25:06 »
I also like the concept of less is more. Less themes but more sets to the remaining themes

It is really hard to keep up collecting  with the frequency at which geobra introduces themes.

Perhaps year to year could be a civilian set then a war set for a given theme. Like Rhalius mentioned, one year a set of solders then the next year the set is a civilian farmer for the same theme. If geobra only has the capacity to produce so much ...rotate the theory.

If a medival set is going solider, then pirates go civil...type of thing

Going for an overall ballance with in the brand
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2016, 04:18:46 »
I was going to vote for "other" too, but missed clicking on it and couldn't go back to do so!  :-[

As someone who builds dioramas I would like to see more parts for building being made available rather than the latest trend of buildings which cannot be added to.

As regards Klickies, I wasn't really thinking of the original one colour klickies with fixed hands, more the later traditional klickies as opposed to those with strange painted faces. 
I am not against having klickies with individual moving legs or bendable legs but would be concerned that this would lead to problems with getting them to stand.  And again, I wouldn't want these to replace the more traditional ones.
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline Venser

• The Soujorner
  • Playmo Enthusiast
  • Howard Pyle's the greatest!
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2016, 07:40:29 »
That should be the PM's new years resolution: to cater to collectors/forums too, and start a revolution.
(a plastic one, of course! :P Nothing French  :loco: )

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2016, 09:33:03 »
Heh well it might cause some controversy if they where to release a guillotine set with executioner and a french nobleman or woman.  :P

Offline idlemarvel

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2016, 10:40:56 »
I vote other.  Railways of course.  I would like Playmobil to re-release the track powered locos or sets as radio control / battery powered. :)

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2016, 11:12:13 »
Heh well it might cause some controversy if they where to release a guillotine set with executioner and a french nobleman or woman.  :P

It would, but I would probably buy it.  :lol:

Offline Venser

• The Soujorner
  • Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2016, 16:49:09 »
That's IF it gets approval. But then again, a lot of things have gotten approval when they probably shouldn't have. I mean...a port o potty, which is ok I guess, a hazmat suit, and...a group of construction workers with a buttload of crates. What was in those crates? BEER BOTTLES! And on the box, so many of them were just guzzling it down. Is this what you want to show children? That you get beer only if you are a construction worker?:P
Also, on one pirate ship, they had an african american with raggedy clothes and a slave collar. Not rascist, hmmm?? (they almost got sued!)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2016, 17:50:57 »
But then again, a lot of things have gotten approval when they probably shouldn't have.

Completely agree. But not on the sets you point out..

Also, on one pirate ship, they had an african american with raggedy clothes and a slave collar. Not rascist, hmmm?? (they almost got sued!)

By the gods, the guy is indian!

Offline Venser

• The Soujorner
  • Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2016, 18:52:33 »
Completely agree. But not on the sets you point out..

By the gods, the guy is indian!

Well, those were just examples. I really only meant the construction guys and the ex slave. And he is a slave, Playmobil admitted he was an escaped one when they were confronted.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2016, 19:00:56 »
Well, those were just examples. I really only meant the construction guys and the ex slave. And he is a slave, Playmobil admitted he was an escaped one when they were confronted.

He's an ex slave, indian skincolor...

There are plenty of ragged and/or crippled pirates, white, indian and black..