Author Topic: Dachbodenbahn - Attic Railways  (Read 7296 times)

Offline Marco_4124

• Playmo Addict
  • Playmo Flagmaster
Re: Dachbodenbahn - Attic Railways
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2017, 07:10:38 »
I think I understand Tahra, one of the female's has a left arm on the right side, see yellow circle.

Offline Marco_4124

• Playmo Addict
  • Playmo Flagmaster
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2017, 07:12:41 »
I almost forgot, great idea to make a kiosk.

Offline Junker Jörg

• Playmo Addict
  • Hier stehe ich, ich kann auch anders.
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2017, 07:18:07 »
I think I understand Tahra,...

Sorry, should have made my point clearer. Knowing she's learning some German I was just teasing her  :-[. You're both right of course. Assembling the figure I swapped arms.

jj:
Lust auf Bilder? => www.klickywelt.de (mit Anmeldung)
Fancy more pics? => www.klickywelt.de (sign in to see)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2017, 07:31:41 »
Sorry, should have made my point clearer. Knowing she's learning some German I was just teasing her  :-[. You're both right of course. Assembling the figure I swapped arms.

Yes :)

(and thanks Marco_4124 - spared everyone from seeing my horrid german attempt)

Offline Junker Jörg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2017, 07:35:45 »
(and thanks Marco_4124 - spared everyone from seeing my horrid german attempt)
Apart from your German beeing far from horrid (blieve me, I'm teaching at school and following German forums, I DO know, what horrid German looks like  :hmm:) hardly anyone would notice IF it was... ::).

jj:

Offline Marco_4124

• Playmo Addict
  • Playmo Flagmaster
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2017, 08:49:29 »
Lucky, I do know the difference between "telefon(i)eren" and "bellen", which is in Dutch the same, but NOT in German  :lol:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2017, 09:35:28 »
Apart from your German beeing far from horrid (blieve me, I'm teaching at school and following German forums, I DO know, what horrid German looks like  :hmm:) hardly anyone would notice IF it was... ::).

Thank you ;)  (I suppose any german or dutch playmofriend would notice... Declinations are EVIL)

Lucky, I do know the difference between "telefon(i)eren" and "bellen", which is in Dutch the same, but NOT in German  :lol:

Ok, without google, isn't "bellen" = "barking"? I always found it odd. My first reaction is to assume it means to ring a BELL.  :P

Offline Marco_4124

• Playmo Addict
  • Playmo Flagmaster
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2017, 09:45:54 »
"Bellen" is in Dutch to ring a bell. Because the first telephone's all had a bell, "bellen" was much more spoken than "telefon(i)eren". But beware, in German "bellen" is barking  :doh:

Offline Junker Jörg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2017, 10:09:42 »
 ??? Why should a "Klingel" (engl. bell) "bellen" (engl. bark)? THAT would be strange... 8-) . Apart - talking with an agitated, loud voice can be called "bellen" in German. So technically speaking there ARE Germans whose way of talking at a telephon truely can be called "bellen" in German  ::).

Well, not to make things to easy you also could "läuten" (as it's supposed to be laut/loud) oder "schellen" (a "Schelle" is a bowl shaped bell holding a wee, free ball inside instead of an attached toggle). But of course though another word for bell ist "Glocke" you'd never "glocken" (there's no word like that in German). Everyone knows that...   8}.

jj:

P.S. Does Dutch have declinations?  ???
P.P.S. Doesn't Spanish have declinations and conjugations just like German?  :hmm:
P.P.P.S. You think German declinations are hard? Try the Czeck ones... I gave up after realising there's about 128 different options... :0

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2017, 10:29:20 »
"Bellen" is in Dutch to ring a bell. Because the first telephone's all had a bell, "bellen" was much more spoken than "telefon(i)eren". But beware, in German "bellen" is barking  :doh:

In german you can also use rufen to phone someone... right?

Telefonieren is actually close to ours - "telefonar" in portuguese...  same roots, I think. We sometimes make them up in class.. and sometimes we actually get them right!  :P

??? Why should a "Klingel" (engl. bell) "bellen" (engl. bark)? THAT would be strange... 8-) . Apart - talking with an agitated, loud voice can be called "bellen" in German. So technically speaking there ARE Germans whose way of talking at a telephon truely can be called "bellen" in German  ::).

Well.. when I see "bellen", I think bell first.  :-[

In portuguese, "ladrar" (barking) can also be used to people protesting (without effect) agaisnt something.

Well, not to make things to easy you also could "läuten" (as it's supposed to be laut/loud) oder "schellen" (a "Schelle" is a bowl shaped bell holding a wee, free ball inside instead of an attached toggle). But of course though another word for bell ist "Glocke" you'd never "glocken" (there's no word like that in German). Everyone knows that...   8}.

Yes, Glocke (as in the playmoschool).. the other is bell, as in doorbell. Right?  8}

P.S. Does Dutch have declinations?  ???
P.P.S. Doesn't Spanish have declinations and conjugations just like German?  :hmm:
P.P.P.S. You think German declinations are hard? Try the Czeck ones... I gave up after realising there's about 128 different options... :0

Yes, I believe our teacher mentioned that too - a lot more than in german!

As to dutch, no idea. Spanish, like portuguese, I am not sure... But if it does, we don't realize it. I am trying to think of DAT/AKK..  Grammar is not a strong point with me. In any language  :-[

If you have to THINK about them, they are very very hard. Like the word's gender. It's soo stupid. We are the same, but again, in portuguese I just KNOW that a chair/table/spoon/knife is female, or a bench/fork/computer is male. Makes no sense at all. English has the right idea on those  :P

Worse, when "girl" is neutral in german, instead of feminin. How can anyone understand that!?  8}

So as this isn't completely off topic... I hadn't realized you cut up the kiosk before you showed it!  I didn't get them yet. I should get a couple... such nice colors too :love: