Author Topic: Online Catalogs Updated  (Read 2409 times)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Online Catalogs Updated
« on: January 01, 2024, 02:10:19 »
The 2024 catalogs are online for all the sites I checked, both regular and add-ons/Plus.
The US one is weird because they show some themes in the catalog but have asterisks next to them saying they are not available in the US. So then why include them? Too lazy to take out so many pages??
The not available themes are the newest starter packs, the latest Novelmore, the latest Farm, and the pony farm extension of Horses of Waterfall. Maybe these will become available later in the year with the second half catalog and later release dates, or maybe not.
We do get the first run of Horses of Waterfall as well as some other sets that have been out in Germany a few months and will finally be coming here. All taken with a grain of salt though. Many Plus/add-ons were listed in the catalog last year but never arrived in the US at all with others severely limited in availability.
The US does not get the city service sets or the racing sets available elsewhere. We also do not get a listing for the shopping mall sets. Still no Citroen.
Miraculous is in the catalog for all countries though.
I checked the Greek catalog and it is the same as Germany. If they are getting any new sets for just their market they aren't making into the print and will be web only. Nothing new on there yet - though all the other exclusives for their market are still there in the History section.
The US has Scooby Doo and no Asteryx, and interesting so does Canada this year. Did Asteryx not go over well there?

I've done a blog post on Animoblog about the new animals in the first half year. Only new molds are the jellyfish and the half clam, both from the mermaids series. Everything else is a recolor or repaint.

Happy New Year everyone!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2024, 02:17:14 by Tiermann »

Online GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: Online Catalogs Updated
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2024, 10:39:49 »
Thanks for that helpful summary, Tim. I haven't checked the UK catalogues yet, but there doesn't sound like much to get excited about, even though I expected more for the 50th Anniversary year!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2024, 11:36:09 »
Thanks for the update and detailed explanation

I was sure hopefully  Asterix was going to make it to the states , perhaps there is still a tiny bit of hope for 2nd 1/2 like you said

Yes Happy New Year
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Online GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2024, 12:45:37 »
The main catalogue for the UK is essentially the same as the German one, without the Funpark promotion on page 2.

Comparing the US and German [k/c]atalogs I found 11 pages with differences (whole of pages 2, 4-5, 52-3, 65, 66-67, half of pages 21 and 71 and one extra set on page 33 of the US catalog). On most pages, the three catalogues differ only in the text printed in black, which suggests that the inclusion in the US catalog of sets not available in the US is a cost-saving exercise, sadly (cheaper to include the colour pictures from the German Katalog than print a whole new page).

Is the Octopus figurehead in set 71530 (pages 26-7) not a new animal, Tim? Or is it a cling-on? Which reminds me, what happened to Star Trek sets?

The 50th anniversay sets (page 3, all cats) are frankly disappointing. But maybe I will be able to get some replacement aerials for the old cars...

At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2024, 16:08:40 »
It's a minor complaint, but when are they going to change the free-gift figure?!

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2024, 20:51:17 »
Thanks for the information, Tiermann!

The catalogues this year are definitely not as exciting as they have been in the past, and the cuts are not making the future look good. :-\

The Deepers look nice though, and I will certainly try to get some of the anniversary sets and new Fi?ures.
~Pynedor~

Offline Eplay

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2024, 07:56:25 »
I really like some of the new sets! Some of the new sets are well thought out.
71453, the new ski set. Unfortunately the bear is not completely white but a sort of blueish white. There is a nice market stall in it
71447 knights birthday. Looks like a fun set to give to a boy on his birthday.
71448 love the blue fish outfit and sea lion. Nice set for the zoo lovers.
71419 giant octopus and octopus man. Fun and imaginative addition for pirate theme lovers.
71532. That giant crab  :lol: :lol: :lol:
71509. Tiny house + related sets. Looks really nice. (Unfortunately I don’t like the muted colours of the recycled plastic sets, but I don’t think the children will mind)
71441. Caravan cafe. Like the caravan. Wondering if a bed would fit in.
71454. Treasure hunt in the jungle. I like that it’s a complete set. Children can imagine themselves as real treasure hunters.
71499 mermaid animal care. I can really imagine girls playing vet with the sea animals

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2024, 19:46:32 »
Thanks for the heads up, Tiermann...

My wallet hates me.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2024, 20:24:50 »
Graham - I didn't include the figurehead as I suspect it is either molded on or so specific in shape that it can't be used as a separate piece. I will end up with the set i am sure and decide then if it gets added.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2024, 20:37:38 »
Graham - I didn't include the figurehead as I suspect it is either molded on or so specific in shape that it can't be used as a separate piece. I will end up with the set i am sure and decide then if it gets added.

I realy like it.. but... I already have way more ships than space to put them...  :-[