Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Report & Review / 70317 DeLorian
« Last post by Rasputin on August 07, 2022, 15:41:14 »

I was very excited about this particular decision by Geobra to make this iconic vehicle. It was quite an iconic car from an interesting era and the founder has quite a legacy

Not as great packing job as the Porsche but the parts were separated by the titanium like baggies

Report & Review / Re: 70923 Porsche
« Last post by Rasputin on August 07, 2022, 15:30:33 »
Overall very beautifully done model by Geobra

I do hope they decide to release a few more colors as I’d gladly add them to the barn

« Last post by Rasputin on August 07, 2022, 15:28:19 »
All the accessories fit nicely into the rear midget seats

« Last post by Rasputin on August 07, 2022, 15:26:28 »
The most challenging assembly was the tires and the delicate side view mirror

« Last post by Rasputin on August 07, 2022, 15:24:32 »
Not too much to build and just simple accessories

best restaurants in wilmington nc
Report & Review / 70923 Porsche
« Last post by Rasputin on August 07, 2022, 15:22:40 »
Received the new yellow 1970’s Porsche Carrera RS 2.7

I was quite impressed once I opened the box with how it was packaged. The contrast of the black against the yellow really pops

Collector's Corner / Re: New additions to our playmo-barn
« Last post by Rasputin on August 07, 2022, 15:14:08 »
Opened a newly delivered Amazon sale box

How-To / Posting help
« Last post by PlaymoGuardian on August 07, 2022, 12:36:07 »
Hello all, im hopefully about to start posting some diorama type stuff and i wanted to try to do a test run, but with little success. I tried to link up a random playmobil photo from online to a test subject and text of a new post...then when i clicked preview (hoping it would give me an idea what the post would look like) all i saw was my test subject and text. The test photo i attached did not appear at all...any hints/ideas? Thanks!
Brainstorming For Playmobil / Re: UK narrow boat AKA river boat
« Last post by playmofire on August 07, 2022, 08:39:35 »
Yes, the canal system in the UK is confusing, especially when you throw in the Manchester Ship Canal which can take ocean going vessels.  The narrow boat canals were built that way with just the locks being two boats wide (or at least having a "parking" area either side for when a boat was in the lock) for cheapness, especially if the route was involved tunnels or cuttings.

A few years ago, I took Diane on a weekend away for a cruise and Sunday lunch on a steam train and even though the cruise was down the Manchester Ship Canal from Salford to Liverpool and back rather than a more exotic location and the Sunday lunch was on the East Lancashire Railway rather than, say, the Orient Express, it was a grand weekend.  The quantity and quality of wild life on and alongside the Ship Canal was surprising (six heronries, for example) as was the "industrial" scenery (the Ship Canal is crossed at one point by a swing bridge which itself carries a canal!), but we had the additional interest of watching an ocean going vessel being manoeuvred through the last lock on the canal into the River Mersey by a small tug and with about 30cm clearance either side.

The East Lancashire Railway is very scenic and there is an excellent transport museum opposite the Bury station, which is itself an Art Deco gem inside the booking hall.
Brainstorming For Playmobil / Re: UK narrow boat AKA river boat
« Last post by GrahamB on August 06, 2022, 17:12:01 »
Having owned a real narrowboat until quite recently, I would agree with playmofire that, at least in a British context, the term applies to boats on the canal system, some of which uses rivers to link canals, confusingly. For example, if you want to go from Bristol to Birmingham, one route is to travel down the River Avon, up the River Severn, along the Gloucester-Sharpness Ship canal to Gloucester, onto the River Severn again, up to Tewkesbury, then up the River Avon (a different one) to rejoin the canal system near Stratford. Or from Tewesbury, you can carry on up the River Severn to Stourport and get onto the canal system there. The rivers are often too dangerous to take a flat-bottomed narrow boat on, e.g. during the winter floods.

Narrowboats are sometimes called canal barges and (erroneously, unless you are a Viking) longboats. Some canals can accommodate wide-beam boats which aren't very narrow at all. Just to add to the confusion!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]