Author Topic: Glad to join the fun!  (Read 3001 times)

Offline Nenesdollhouse

• Nene Nancy
  • Playmo Pal
Glad to join the fun!
« on: September 11, 2021, 14:43:33 »
Hello,
After battling breast cancer from 2018-2019 I decided in 2020 that it was time to retire from my 21 year teaching career before Covid killed me. Now, spending a lot of time with my daughter, 2 year old grandson and recently a granddaughter; playing with toys has become second nature once again. I have always loved dollhouses of any kind. I had a wooden hand made version that I played with until I was friend shamed into hiding it under the bed.
When my daughter was a little girl I longed for her to have the Victorian Mansion, but we could not afford it, we played with a Little Tykes.
Now, at age 59 I finally have my OWN Playmobil Victorian Mansion. No, the grandkids will have to play with a different model or set. However, I will let them enjoy looking at it with supervision. Hahaha
I have acquired several sets of incomplete houses and look forward to adapting, customizing, and enjoying my Mansion.
I am so glad to be part of this group. Thank you for allowing me to become a member. Nancy
Nene Nancy

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Glad to join the fun!
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2021, 15:33:59 »
A warm welcome from the UK!   :wave:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Online tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2021, 16:33:04 »
Welcome from Portugal!

I hope you have fun with the little ones and playmobil - with supervision  ;D

(and.. you need new friends.)

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2021, 16:53:26 »
 :welcome:

Welcome to a (relatively) new hobby! I hope you'll enjoy your Playmobil again as much as you did when you were a child. And now with deeper pockets!  :)9

:welcome:

And welcome to the forum! There are plenty of Victorian fans around here.

Good luck hunting the missing parts, completing projects, and starting new ones. Playmobil is great!

Best wishes from Munich
StJohn

Offline PMatt

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2021, 17:15:05 »
Welcome from Italy, too!  :wave:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2021, 23:53:32 »
Welcome from Oregon!
We have a few members that are experienced with dollhouse customs, so feel free to ask questions and share your work

Offline Joshua D

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2021, 07:34:57 »
Welcome from California! Love your story!

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2021, 08:31:06 »
Another welcome from the UK, from me!
I'm glad you managed to get a 5300 mansion. Probably wise to keep an eye on the grandchildren, especially round the finials!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 08:02:16 by GrahamB »
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Eplay

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2021, 14:27:51 »
Welcome from the Netherlands. I’m looking forward to seeing some pictures of your prized dollhouse  :D

Offline Tarra Nova

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2021, 01:40:59 »
Welcome Nancy!
I too am an older collector with a passion for the Playmobil houses. I've started renos on a 5303.   I'm looking forward to your posts!!