Author Topic: 3880 as a US style Engine  (Read 7368 times)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
Re: 3880 as a US style Engine
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2009, 12:19:13 »
That's right, Jochen, although sometimes the side ones are not covered over at all.  I can't quickly find a picture, but this custom was based on a photograph of a German fire engine:
http://www.playmofire.eu/tlf16page2.html

Excellent custom Playmofire  :wow:! When did you design this masterpiece? It favors my design, but mine has 3 connections on each side. & doesn't pump actual water.
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2009, 13:37:34 »
Excellent custom Playmofire  :wow:! When did you design this masterpiece? It favors my design, but mine has 3 connections on each side. & doesn't pump actual water.

Thanks, Bill.  This was made about two years ago.  I originally thought of cutting hose connectors in two and then glueing them to the outside, but finally took the plunge to trust my marking-out and drilling skills to do the job properly. I must update my website as there are other appliance photos to go on, although I am still desperately looking for my 5 or 6 files of actual incidents.

Attached is a photo of a real German fire appliance using the side outlets.  The practice of covering them up when not in use is a recent design change.  I've seen other photos of outlets under the side chassis.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline nicki72

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2009, 15:13:24 »
Wow, guys!  These are very cool!  I have to confess, I would never have paid attention to the differences in fire trucks internationally!  You can bet I'll be looking the next time I see one!  I'm amazed at people's ability to customise their Playmo--what skills!  :yup: :yup:
"If you never did, you should. These things are fun, and fun is good." ~~Dr. Seuss

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2009, 18:12:51 »
Ah, yes, that was what I meant. Thanks for the pics.

Offline noodwachter72

• Playmo Lover
  • Noodwachter Dutch civil defense
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2009, 09:52:55 »
Thanks, Bill.  This was made about two years ago.  I originally thought of cutting hose connectors in two and then glueing them to the outside, but finally took the plunge to trust my marking-out and drilling skills to do the job properly. I must update my website as there are other appliance photos to go on, although I am still desperately looking for my 5 or 6 files of actual incidents.

Attached is a photo of a real German fire appliance using the side outlets.  The practice of covering them up when not in use is a recent design change.  I've seen other photos of outlets under the side chassis.

Hallo Gordon

the side outlets  on your truck and picture belongs to a back build pomp
I mane  the pomp built in the middle of the truck  width the in and outlets on the side
I have sine it ones in the Netherlands

groet Peter 
the imposable wy do direct
wonders take some time

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2009, 11:46:54 »
Hallo Gordon

the side outlets  on your truck and picture belongs to a back build pomp
I mane  the pomp built in the middle of the truck  width the in and outlets on the side
I have sine it ones in the Netherlands

groet Peter 
Hallo Peter,

I agree, Peter, I too have only seen rear- or front-mounted pumps in the Netherlands.  The pictures of the German fire engines were to answer Little Jo's post.  I think mid-mounted pumps have the disadvantage that you have to have outlets and inlets each side and so that is maybe why they are less popular in Europe.  In the USA, I think the pumps were mid-mounted from early on because the firemen stood on the rear of the engine whereas in Europe they usually stood along the sides.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”