Author Topic: iOS and macOS shortcuts  (Read 910 times)

Offline CrimsonCleaver

• Playmo Fanatic
iOS and macOS shortcuts
« on: February 06, 2023, 08:33:11 »
I have setup some Shortcuts that work under iOS and macOS.

Essentially does the following:

• Under the Share menu (accessed from Safari toolbar or when you select text, say a part number in a manual), you can select Part Number
  • This then automatically removes spaces from the string - usually seen in manuals etc
  • Then depending on the length of the string with spaces removed - searches for a part number (Ersatzteile) or a set number (Bauanleitungen) on Playmobil DE’s Building instructions search page (bauanleitung).

It also has a fallback where if no input, e.g. you haven’t selected text - just run it from Safaris toolbar for example, it will prompt for using your clipboard or a manual entry.

I made this as outside of work I don’t use a laptop, just my iPhone or iPad, and the process of having to remove spaces etc was getting time consuming.

Let me know if this of interest and I’ll see how I can share it.

I do have a version for Mundobil as that site is helpful for similar item lookup and can look at a Playmodb one also.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2023, 08:55:10 by CrimsonCleaver »

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
Re: iOS and macOS shortcuts
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2023, 10:29:49 »
Various ways to remove paint but magic eraser (cleaning sponge) is pretty good at doing it and it's easily available at supermarkets. Gentle rubbing and some patience should take the paint off. You just add a bit of water to the sponge first.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2023, 14:21:02 »
Various ways to remove paint but magic eraser (cleaning sponge) is pretty good at doing it and it's easily available at supermarkets. Gentle rubbing and some patience should take the paint off. You just add a bit of water to the sponge first.

Possible right answer, Klickteryx, but wrong thread.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2023, 03:16:41 »
Possible right answer, Klickteryx, but wrong thread.
Oops. The layout of the posts were the same and I didn't notice the text.