Author Topic: Copt Hewick's TLF8 fire engines  (Read 3518 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Copt Hewick's TLF8 fire engines
« on: March 17, 2007, 22:29:46 »
I've been refurbishing CHVFB's fire appliances, basing the new ones on the German fire engines of the 1970s and 1980s. Here are the first two - two TLF8/20s. TLF refers to a fire engine which carries its own water supply (T=tank, L=losch, i.e. extinguishing, and F=fahrzeuge, i.e. vehicle), and the 8 refers to the pumping capacity of the pump, 800 litres per minute. The 20 tells you the tank capacity is 2000 litres of water.

Both appliances have a front-mounted and also carry a portable pump, 2 cans of foam concentrate, hand tools, search lines (in the blue bag), a chainsaw, spade and broom, first aid gear suction hose and rescue ladders. The difference between the two is the ladders. One has a short double extension ladder and a roof ladder; the other a long double extension ladder and a roof ladder. The reason for the short ladders on one is because it is first call appliance for the Old Town (a World Architectural Heritage Site) where the narrow streets make manhandling longer ladders difficult. For the second appliance, there are only pictures of the roof ladders.

That's enough words, on with the pictures.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Copt Hewick's TLF8 fire engines
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 22:31:04 »
Details of the ladders and roof equipment now. The short ladder version first and then the long ladder version.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 22:32:50 »
Equipment lockers and roof box next. I think the photos are clear enough without any need for explanation, but ask if you have any questions

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 22:34:24 »
Now details of the cab where an axe is stored, the roof ladder (the hook goes over the ridge of the roof), the pump and the giraffe light raised.

Hope you enjoyed the photos and thanks for your time.

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 09:51:36 »
Cool!  :o  What a great equipped vehicle. I really like all these details. Good idea the "extensible" giraffe.

BTW, what kind of light source do you use for your photos, Gordon?

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2007, 12:26:14 »
Cool!  :o  What a great equipped vehicle. I really like all these details. Good idea the "extensible" giraffe.

BTW, what kind of light source do you use for your photos, Gordon?

Thank you, Jochen.

Wherever possible I prefer natural light.  The photos in this thread`were taken in the garage near the open door on Saturday in rather dull daylight (I scrapped a number of them because of camera shake).  I also always try to use a polarising filter to cut down reflections and strengthen colours.

Offline FireChief

• Playmo Lover
    • Playmobil Fire Department
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2007, 13:59:42 »
Great job Gordon,

I really like the ladder storage on top, and how everything has mounting hardware. A big problem on my engines is not having the equipment secured. It looks great.

Ben

Offline Outback

• The Original Playmo Jeep Guy!
  • Playmo Fanatic
  • Everything Playmobil Jeep!
    • Jeepmobil is being revamped - but there's Jeeps here!
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2007, 14:05:57 »
All I can say is that attention to detail is perfect. I've always loved your fire stuff. I wish I had the patience to outfit and detail my customs likewise. Well done as per usual Gordon  :wave:

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2007, 18:38:56 »
Hello  Gordon  :wow:

Thank you for sharing another one of your outstanding vehicles with us. As allways the attention to detail is top notch !! I really do like the stowage of equipment and how everything has its own place.

Kindest Regards  Tim

(28/5/03/850)