Author Topic: The Making of : Summer Garden Party on Regent St  (Read 199609 times)

Offline PMatt

• Playmo Lover
Re: The Making of : Summer Garden Party on Regent St
« Reply #2150 on: October 03, 2019, 10:30:16 »
I keep marvelling at all the little details I spot every time I look at your photos, and the vegetation gradually turning orange is an eyeful!

Love the intertitle, it is a nice touch. The gourmet kitchen set is a work of art really – all the textures and details are there, on the food too! Where is the oven mitt from, by the way?

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2151 on: October 03, 2019, 11:46:48 »
Thank you so much dear Friend  :wave:

The oven mit is a custom made 1/12th scale accessory which I thought would fit Mrs Applepie when preparing her culinary delights  :love:
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2152 on: October 07, 2019, 13:24:13 »
Good afternoon dear Friends  :wave:

This year will mark my first submission of a picture to the Playclicks monthly photographic contest 10 years ago.

Inspired by a season which I love and the ever cheerful adventures of my character Mrs Applepie & Co, I invite you to discover my latest picture called Autumn Delights which I hope you will enjoy  :munch:

Autumn Delights

Happy Autumn to you all !

Karim :gent:
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2153 on: October 07, 2019, 16:19:26 »
Good evening dear Friends  :wave:

I am delighted to present a new avatar on the forum  :woohoo:

It is time to say goodbye to Garfield and hello to Playmovictorian  :lol:

Wishing you a great evening !

Karim

Offline PMatt

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #2154 on: October 08, 2019, 17:06:34 »
Loving both the photo and the fact you decided to use it as your new avatar! The orange hues look splendid.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2155 on: October 08, 2019, 18:50:08 »
Thank you so much dear Friend  :wave:

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2156 on: October 14, 2019, 11:18:22 »

I hope that you are all well.

Finally a day off after a long hard working week at the hotel.

After a few days of continuous rain, England is living to its reputation and we never put aside our umbrellas for too long  :lol:

And what better day than a rainy day to start the custom of the Sylvanian Families Elegant Manor House with the help of Miss Periwinkle and Monsieur Firmin and a glass of Shiraz wine, of course  ;)

So let's the transformation begin...

Karim

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2157 on: October 14, 2019, 15:14:16 »

Just like for the No1 Regent St mansion and more recently the New Regent St project, I am using a realistic bricks design in a 1/12th scale available in sheets measuring  30cm x 20cm at price of £3.99 / 4.57 Euros. These quality sheets do not fade with the light and do not lose their adhesive quality over time. Once cut into dimension they can be put over a dry, clean surface and be readjusted if needed until the perfect fit.

Theses Stick & Go sheets are available in 72 realistic and Playmo compatible designs ranging from wallpapers, floor tiles, wood panelling, cobble street, roof tiles, garden lawn and even stained glass.

I will also use tracing paper to cut out the pre templates of my brick laying effect, a ruler, scissors and a pencil.

Karim

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2158 on: October 14, 2019, 17:36:16 »
Good evening dear Friends :wave:

My advice when it comes to decorate the front of a building with a brick effect is to make sure that the brick layout is always levelled by working your cut outs of the printed sheet from the bottom of the page up. That way, you will achieve a realistic visual with the bricks and their joints levelled all throughout the front wall.

Laying bricks has been that easy !

Karim

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2159 on: October 14, 2019, 19:11:02 »

Karim