Author Topic: 5139 Soldiers Fort with dungeon treasure  (Read 28609 times)

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
Re: 5139 Soldiers Fort with dungeon treasure
« Reply #80 on: September 02, 2011, 22:27:02 »
There doesn't appear to be an exact start date.
Though references do point at the 15th century as being the end of the Medieval world,
And the beginning of the "Early Modern Age". :wave:
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #81 on: September 06, 2011, 09:53:51 »
Some comments in here are just plain hilarious. Lighthouse too white? Compared to what?

Im now regretting not getting this set  ::) ::) ::) Going to the US soon. They might still have it in stock there.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #82 on: September 06, 2011, 10:02:48 »
Some comments in here are just plain hilarious. Lighthouse too white? Compared to what?

Im now regretting not getting this set  ::) ::) ::) Going to the US soon. They might still have it in stock there.

Good thing most people contribute with constructive arguments and discussion. ;D

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #83 on: September 06, 2011, 10:08:08 »
Good thing most people contribute with constructive arguments and discussion. ;D

I guess I'm just lazy - I have the whole argument there in my head but I never get round to putting it online  ::) ;D

Are there any PM toyshops in Rhodes? Greece still has the 4292 doesnt it? I might visit in the coming months.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #84 on: September 06, 2011, 10:38:50 »
I guess I'm just lazy - I have the whole argument there in my head but I never get round to putting it online  ::) ;D

Are there any PM toyshops in Rhodes? Greece still has the 4292 doesnt it? I might visit in the coming months.

:lol: no worries  :)

Well, I can recall a couple of toystores in the city, (which is actually a sister city to Valletta, but I guess you already knew that) but not their exact location. Yes the 4292 is still available but not for too long, since the new pirates are coming out in January, it will be more difficult to find.

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #85 on: September 06, 2011, 10:46:49 »
:lol: no worries  :)

Well, I can recall a couple of toystores in the city, (which is actually a sister city to Valletta, but I guess you already knew that) but not their exact location. Yes the 4292 is still available but not for too long, since the new pirates are coming out in January, it will be more difficult to find.

Thanks! You always kick yourself when there's a set you didn't buy when it was still available.  ::) ::) ::)

Yesterday my wife and I were watching Lost - we're watching series 5 - and I was telling her that had I to go back to 1977 I would hoard all the PM I could get, knowing which ones would become rare and so on.  ::) ::) ::)

Anyway ... really looking forward to getting these sets for my birthday this month. I really think they are quite pretty for the most part. Im only a bit ticked off about the bendy plastic ... but we'll have to see about that in the long run.

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #86 on: September 14, 2011, 07:25:31 »
I really see this set more as a small island set rather then part of the mainland. When I first laid eyes on it it reminded me very much of Fort Denison which is located in Sydney Harbour http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Denison

It would be great to have on infront of your harbour city as a first line defense against the invading Pirates.

Great review Sir Wolf!

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
« Reply #87 on: September 14, 2011, 16:33:11 »
had to repost the pic because the original link went dead:

AND...I simply LOVE the lighthouse as it looks EXACTLY like the lighthouses in the Philippines used by the Spanish:

So Playmobil's colours and design for this lighthouse are SPOT ON CORRECT!!!!  Very accurate!!  I suspect lighthouses of similar design can be found in all Spanish ports including those founded in the Caribbean.
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #88 on: September 14, 2011, 17:41:03 »
I really see this set more as a small island set rather then part of the mainland. When I first laid eyes on it it reminded me very much of Fort Denison which is located in Sydney Harbour http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Denison

It would be great to have on infront of your harbour city as a first line defense against the invading Pirates.

Great review Sir Wolf!

hat is a very interesting info Gis, I did not know of that fort... it does look very much alike!

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #89 on: September 25, 2011, 23:01:09 »
Nice review, but I have to say I can't agree with some comments made afterwards, I really like this set myself.

Biggest thing of playmobil that I own, and I bought it last week for 40 euros. Which seemed like a very good deal considering what comes with it. Its not only a fort with a wall and tower, but theres also a treasure room and a dungeon with a trap door and some nice docks.  Plus three stunning clickies and lots of accesoires.
Which seems to be something that the lighthouse is missing when I look at the content online. Just soldiers and a cannon.
Personly I really like having furniture and all kinds of clutter to decorate the place with, and this set comes with a good amount of that.

These things are also useable for other historic themes, which increases their potential. The fort design is also quite nice, I notice some call it small, to me its big but my brother's castle wasnt that big and as I said, its the biggest thing I own now so I don't really have much to compare it with.
Good height for siege towers as well, allowing it to be used in medieval sets quite nicely.

Regarding the position and compatibility with other sets, I personly prefer to have the L shaped docks positioned in a way that it goes around the rock formation, to better allow larger ships to dock there. This would also allow other docks or structures to be positioned against that side. Not attached, but its not like such big structures slide away that easily.