Author Topic: Heidi (2020)  (Read 8693 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Heidi (2020)
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2019, 08:01:06 »
Who makes these stupid decisions?

Because then people would.. BUY THEM. The HORROR. Give them.. MONEY. Yuck. Especially foreign money.. you how they avoid foreign currency, especially... (and yes, foreign euros are also foreign currency, apparently).

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2019, 12:44:49 »
I mentioned it before, it seems Playmobil has found a way to let us buy complete sets again. Don't get me wrong, I still buy complete sets, but like all of us, sometimes we just want useful parts. In a way I am lucky that I live close to Germany and I can wait until the expensive licensed sets are discounted. I'm sure that all Movie sets will be -50% in Galeria Kaufhof within 1 year.

On the other hand, I want to add something, once I ordered one of the horses of the Spirit series and according to the reply of Playmobil it is Dreamworks that decided which part can be sold separately or not.

Remember the Roncalli series, every part was available for separate orders, I ordered many parts. So, if we are lucky Studio 100 gives permission to Playmobil to sell everything separately of the Heidi series. We'll have to wait to find out!
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2019, 23:06:22 »
It´s a catastrophe for people who customize a lot (like me). I´m not going to buy a set of 20, 30 or more euros to get 1 (!!!) small accessory like a hat, a moneybag or a shoulderbelt with a worth of 50 cents.

Also, like I mentioned in another thread, the vast amount of slight differences of specific colours make customising (recent) figures nowadays really complicated. Momentarily there are f.e. 4 variations of darkred (torsos, arms, legs, longcoats, etc) which do not exactly match with one another. It looks okay in evening-light but in daylight it just doesn´t look right when you assemble a klicky out of parts with colours that aren´t a true match. I think they do this on purpose as well, to make customizing more difficult.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2019, 20:47:23 »
Because I love sleuthing! Hereby some very interesting pictures (source: Rakuten), click to enlarge:

Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2019, 20:47:45 »
Double post... anyway, the pictures can finally give us the answers to some mysteries!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 20:53:05 by bml87 »

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2019, 20:49:07 »
Another double post... I have a bad connection! My apologies!

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2019, 20:57:02 »
I don't know much about Heidi (I always thought she was blonde) but I must say I really like the clean classic look of these sets. No goofy faces either, just good traditional three-mark ones. The first licensed sets I actually kind of like!  :skull:
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2019, 02:08:13 »
Thanks for the large, detailed pics.
Cool figures and some nice accessories.
The buildings however...

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2019, 09:28:00 »
It's a real shame the father has no printed torso, so it's not only the "too small apron"! Would have been nice to make a customised fat guy! Although the legs are very useful!

Offline PMatt

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2019, 14:07:19 »
It's a real shame the father has no printed torso, so it's not only the "too small apron"!

Yeah, a simple print around the neck would have made all the difference.