Author Topic: History Sets 2016  (Read 7348 times)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: History Sets 2016
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2016, 23:37:34 »
I like the print on the Caesar. Nice that the soldiers come with the clear foot holds, much better if you want to do the turtle formation. The purple/blue grapes/eggplant is ... interesting. Nice part to have for no reason except ohhh pretty color.
I actually took one look at the new Roman galley, and moved the old galley add on to the top of my list before they sold out. Got one a while ago and am very happy with it. Needs a crew still but that troop builder set will be fine for that eventually.
Did you get the Roman and Egyptian family add-ons too? Maybe had them earlier in the year? I thought they had been reviewed but don't see them. I got them both the last batch from Germany and they are great, especially the Egyptian one.

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2016, 00:17:59 »
thanks for your reviews and all those very clear photos here and in PK!

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2016, 07:48:04 »
I think the holes are still there - they have the bolts stuck there in the instructions.

Thanks! I now ordered the canopy parts, rigging, and old Roman shields through Spare Parts services: with a bit of luck they come through and I'll be able to equip my 5390 as I would like it to look. The new shields that come with the galley are welcome nevertheless - saves me from buying 5393 (where you'll agree the klickys aren't worth it). :D

I actually took one look at the new Roman galley, and moved the old galley add on to the top of my list before they sold out.

What is it that you prefer about the old galley?

PS: Forgot to say last time I posted that I like the angry eyes on the bow of 5390 much better than the bovine gaze-of-wonder on 4276/7512.

Best wishes
StJohn

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2016, 08:09:52 »
And done.
(...)
Final conclusion: BUY THEM ALL!!!  ;D

(sorry, I'm dead tired of this)

Thank you!  :*)

Basically, egyptian klickys are gorgeous, and almost all the romans are repeats[.]

True, but the dark guy in the middle of your final picture definitely stands out. I'm very pleased that the charioteer from the arena 4270 made a comeback as commander of the new galley! :love:

Best wishes
StJohn

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2016, 08:24:57 »
I like the print on the Caesar.

Me too :)  The hair = agh. But that is easily fixed. And did I mention he has a RED roman cloak? :love:

Nice that the soldiers come with the clear foot holds, much better if you want to do the turtle formation.

I think those stands detract from a dio/scene. I don't like them. Still, maybe they are useful sometime.

The purple/blue grapes/eggplant is ... interesting. Nice part to have for no reason except ohhh pretty color.

I think it was a major fail. And it IS a missing item from the roman theme.

I actually took one look at the new Roman galley, and moved the old galley add on to the top of my list before they sold out. Got one a while ago and am very happy with it. Needs a crew still but that troop builder set will be fine for that eventually.

I didn't set up my old ones  :-[ - have the set and the add on.

Did you get the Roman and Egyptian family add-ons too?

No, not here yet :(

thanks for your reviews and all those very clear photos here and in PK!

I aim to please  ;D

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2016, 08:29:48 »
The new shields that come with the galley are welcome nevertheless - saves me from buying 5393 (where you'll agree the klickys aren't worth it). :D

I have plenty of the old shields, will need a few of the new ones to trade in a couple of... centuries? Troops. Groups.  ::)

It's not that they aren't worth it - they are great (hair excepted  :P ) - after detwinning and adding a couple of neckpieces...  It's just they are the EXACT SAME ones. Lame. Very very lame.

I'm not saying they needed new molds or anything, cause they are pretty perfect, but they could change the colors a bit, and PLEASE give them different heads/hairs! SOME people won't be able to fix that easily. (maybe I should setup a detwinning business  :P )

PS: Forgot to say last time I posted that I like the angry eyes on the bow of 5390 much better than the bovine gaze-of-wonder on 4276/7512.

:lmao: :lmao:  (but you may have a point)

True, but the dark guy in the middle of your final picture definitely stands out. I'm very pleased that the charioteer from the arena 4270 made a comeback as commander of the new galley! :love:

Me too - he IS gorgeous! :love:

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2016, 08:39:58 »
I have plenty of the old shields (...)

I wish I'd known! They are SO expensive nowadays (0.60 € a pop, up from 0.35 € before, which might interest GrahamB ...). Too late now. :(

Best wishes
StJohn

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2016, 08:41:23 »
I wish I'd known! They are SO expensive nowadays (0.60 € a pop, up from 0.35 € before, which might interest GrahamB ...). Too late now. :(

Since I really like the romans, I got quite a few  ::) from parts.... And now I wanted to trade the shields in a group or two. I don't really plan to make more groups of those same klickys...

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2016, 09:42:59 »
Thanks for the reviews! It's always great to see new sets up close. I definitely want the set with the well. I'm debating Cleo and Caesar. They look lovely, but I'm not fond of those non-sitting klickies.

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2016, 17:48:12 »
Thanks for the reviews! It's always great to see new sets up close. I definitely want the set with the well. I'm debating Cleo and Caesar. They look lovely, but I'm not fond of those non-sitting klickies.

I feel the same about the Cleo figure. I'm not big on the skinny non-sitting klickies, and I'm not sure what advantage they have over the older skirted figures.

I've tried to resist the Roman's so far, I've only got a couple of chariots. Though the ships are very pretty....