Author Topic: Ambulance Roof 30 23 6290  (Read 2853 times)

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
Ambulance Roof 30 23 6290
« on: April 01, 2008, 12:01:24 »
Hi Guys,

does anyone know if this roof will fit on the ambulance from the 3925 set? It looks like the same body underneath.

I've got and old one with a cracked corner and a bit missing, and wonder if it'd be easier to just fit a whole new roof.

cheers,

Martin

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Ambulance Roof 30 23 6290
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 12:59:26 »
It will indeed, Martin, except that it doesn't take the blue flashing light from 3925; you would need two of 30 23 6300 from 3130 (which is a very nice set) or two of 30 04 5300 from the 3425 ambulance which is a more pleasing blue.  However, you'd need to check of the latter were still available. Alternatively, you could buy a new roof from the 3925 set, you'd need 30 67 0440 (the roof itself) and maybe one of 30 21 7050 (rear blue light right-hand side looking from the rear)  and one of 30 21 7060 (rear blue light left-hand side looking from the rear), although you should be able to clip these out of the old roof and into the new one.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 13:11:01 »
Thanks Gordon!

I'll have to take as closer look to see what lights are still in there if any, then add the necessary to my next spares order.

Saw another yellow ambulance today, this one a van size one with the stripes going up and down like a chevron on the back.

LHAAP's observations on UK Police cars got me looking more closely - we seem to favour checkerboard patterns on the sides for new vehicles.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 15:06:17 »
Thanks Gordon!

I'll have to take as closer look to see what lights are still in there if any, then add the necessary to my next spares order.

LHAAP's observations on UK Police cars got me looking more closely - we seem to favour checkerboard patterns on the sides for new vehicles.

Glad to help, Martin.

I think it's the motorway patrol/pursuit police vehicles which tend to have the "battenburg" chequers in blue and yellow.  Emergency ambulances and paramedic cars use green and yellow and fire engines (not all brigades) have red and yellow.  To complete the set, there are the Dept of Transport motorway support vehicles with black and yellow.  This "battenburg" pattern seems to be something peculiar to the UK, just as a diagonal striping pattern seems limited to Holland and Belgium, although there all three emergency services use the same pattern.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”