Author Topic: new 4820 4821 and 4822  (Read 9494 times)

Offline baden-wurttemberg

• Firefighter Enthusiast
  • Playmo Master
    • http://stores.ebay.com/Baden-Wurttemberg
Re: new 4820 4821 and 4822
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2009, 21:22:24 »
Thats a great review of these playmobil Peter!!!  :wow:  :wow: Great jod with the review!!  :)9

Baden  :wave:
Take every chance you get in life, because some things only happen once.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2009, 23:02:39 »
Great review, it looks to be a great new addition to the theme. One small thing that pleases me is the spout for the gas can. There must be tens of thousands of those gas cans out there, all open.

Offline noodwachter72

• Playmo Lover
  • Noodwachter Dutch civil defense
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2009, 08:16:52 »
Hi Peter :wave:

Thank you for the additional pictures of the newest fire sets . The storage capacity of the 4821 truck is very impressive . With all the pictures and reviews I am looking forward to their debut here in the USA . I do not know if my computer did not load correctly but I do not see any pictures of the Ladder truck 4520 or SUV 4822 ? I would love to see more of them also if you do have the pictures . They look so good with your custom backgrounds .

Thanks again for the review :wow:
   Rasputin "The Mad Monk"

pict's of the  4820 and the 4822  coming next time
the imposable wy do direct
wonders take some time

Offline noodwachter72

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2009, 07:06:09 »
Thanks for the excellent review, Peter.  It was only when I saw your review that I realised that the storage units on the new pump were of different sizes, a narrower one and a wider one..  Please would you let me have their sizes.

One thing puzzles me about the Continental style hose reel (I bought the 4825 set when in Malta - the last one in the FunPark).  I had expected that as the klicky pulled the trolley along that the hose would roll out, but in fact the hose reel can only move a quarter turn at a time.
the live size trolley is equip wit a hand break for the rail , if the hose rail is running too fast you break by hand .
the model break with four holes the rail of the 3880 has a lot more hols

the old hose rail is to Small  but no holes
the hose rail of the 3880  wit  12 holes
and the original , the only wee to let it go smooth remove the pin's out the trolley

the storage units on the new pump were of different sizes, a narrower one and a wider one..  Please would you let me have their sizes.  54 mm x 94 mm  and 42mm X 94 mm

Pict's follow groet Peter
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 19:33:59 by noodwachter72 »
wonders take some time

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2009, 07:17:41 »
It seems a shame they changed from the rolltop storage door to these lift up ones on the truck, surely that's not how there are in real life?

I wonder what prompted the change? Did the old plastic doors degrade and break, were they hard for kids fingers to work, or is it just a cheapening of the production process?

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2009, 09:28:17 »
It seems a shame they changed from the rolltop storage door to these lift up ones on the truck, surely that's not how there are in real life?

I wonder what prompted the change? Did the old plastic doors degrade and break, were they hard for kids fingers to work, or is it just a cheapening of the production process?

I've not detected any degradation in the 3880s I have, although on some older ones the thin strips are getting a bit light coloured.  Certainly, I imagine that cost is one factor.  The 3880 is quite fiddly to assemble as there are two guide panels for the roller shutters and this assembly process would be repeated three times on the new fire engine, plus the guide panels and the bodywork would be more intricate injections.  An alternative approach would be to have a solid shutter which lifted up and slid in as in the first pic below.  However, having said that and sharing your reservations about the realism of the new approach, I spotted a picture of a Greek fire engine in the Times of Malta when we were on holiday which made me think again - see pic 2.  Maybe in real life the very "tall" roller shutter poses technical problems and would certainly need some sort of mechanism to wind it up fully (or very tall firefighters!) and so a hydraulic or pneumatic system is used to lift it just like the new PM fire engine.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2009, 09:38:40 »
the live size trolley is equip wit a hand break for the rail , if the hose rail is running too fast you break by hand .
the model break with four holes the rail of the 3880 has a lot more hols

the old hose rail is to Small  but no holes
the hose rail of the 3880  wit  12 holes
and the original , the only wee to let it go smooth remove the pin's out the trolley

the storage units on the new pump were of different sizes, a narrower one and a wider one..  Please would you let me have their sizes.  54 mm x 94 mm  and 42mm X 94 mm

Pict's follow groet Peter

Thanks for the extra information and pics, Peter.  I may try and modify the trolley as you suggest.

May I ask another favour, could I have the part number for the 42mm x 94mm storage unit?

Many thanks in advance, Gordon
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline noodwachter72

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2009, 21:16:33 »
 the part number for the 42mm x 94mm storage unit is 30 20 1412

groet peter
wonders take some time

Offline noodwachter72

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2009, 21:21:33 »
pict's of the  4820 TTL 3 in action.

and the tools
wonders take some time

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2009, 21:24:17 »
the part number for the 42mm x 94mm storage unit is 30 20 1412

groet peter

Thanks, Peter.  It will go on my DS order tomorrow.   :)