Author Topic: A 5817 anomoly  (Read 3795 times)

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
A 5817 anomoly
« on: July 03, 2010, 07:47:07 »
Hey Playmofriends,  :wave:

The other day I was in a toyshop and came across a blister famous to many of you:

I needed to do a take-back, but I guess many of the sharp eyed amongst you have already spotted it. Here is a closeup picture, sorry for the quality.

As you can see the Soldier Klicky is not perfect his breastplate is not complete and there are some huge chunks of plastic missing around his waste area.

I was extremely happy with my find am proud to have it as part of my collection.

So I was wondering, does this happen often and is this worth something to collectors? Maybe even more so because it is still OVP?

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: A 5817 anomoly
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 10:52:11 »
I would keep it!!! Anomalies like that are very very rare!!! you never know what might happen in the future...eEven if nothing happens, i would still keep it as a ''rare'' item for my collection!!! ;D ;D ;D

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 11:04:25 »
rather unique considering playmobil's QC ( Quality Control ) is pretty good to say the least .....
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Ali Baba

• prince of Oonowezu
  • Playmo Addict
  • Just say the magic word!
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 22:30:50 »
That is odd. I thought klickys were assembled by hand, were they not? One would notice such a faulty part immediately, wouldn't one?
The hottest babe is:

3645 Family Yacht Woman

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 05:26:35 »
That is odd. I thought klickys were assembled by hand, were they not? One would notice such a faulty part immediately, wouldn't one?

no they ae assembled by maschine!

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 11:22:10 »

If they were assembled by hand Ali Baba , the would cost 4-5 times more to say the least.......
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Ali Baba

• prince of Oonowezu
  • Playmo Addict
  • Just say the magic word!
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 19:51:40 »
Oh right. I saw a pic once of a tour of the Malta factory. There was someone at a workstation, with all kinds of little racks and boxes assembling klickys by hand. That's why I thought it was done by hand.

Of course I can't find the picture now.  :(
The hottest babe is:

3645 Family Yacht Woman