Author Topic: Hello from Detroit!  (Read 6769 times)

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
Hello from Detroit!
« on: February 02, 2006, 23:00:20 »
Hello fello Playmofriends! Just wanted to say HI from Detroit, site of Super Bowl XL (for the non-sports fans or non-Americans, it is the American football championship game). I will be here until early Monday morning when I fly back to Washington, DC - about an hour and a half flight.

CH has accompanied me as he does not want to miss out on even one day of PF! :D And he sends a big thumbs-up to Gordon for his work on the fire truck chassis! ;)
He who rules the seas, rules the world! And pirates rule the seas! -- Captain Henry

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
Re: Hello from Detroit!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 22:52:26 »
Enjoy the game, but don't freeze, Cap'n Henry ... ;)

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006, 02:32:18 »
Thanks Richard, I'll try! Thanks for thinking of me as you enjoy the Caribbean! ;)

BTW, for those who may be interested, this is part of what I do: Coast Guard Photo (taking the photo, not riding in the boat!) Anyone care to customize a Playmo Coast Guard patrol boat?
He who rules the seas, rules the world! And pirates rule the seas! -- Captain Henry

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2006, 03:37:16 »
BTW, for those who may be interested, this is part of what I do: Coast Guard Photo (taking the photo, not riding in the boat!) Anyone care to customize a Playmo Coast Guard patrol boat?

You must be a very fast swimmer to be able to take a picture like that ...

Thanks Richard, I'll try! Thanks for thinking of me as you enjoy the Caribbean! ;)

Aw ... You'll be so excited about the game that you won't even know you're cold ... ;)

A Playmobil US Coast Guard Patrol Boat might be fun to make ... :hmm:

All the best and have a good time,
Richard

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2006, 21:36:56 »
Hi Cap'n.  Many thanks for your kind comments and I hope you enjoy the game.  They are showing it live over here, so it will probably be all over when you read this.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2006, 23:12:26 »
CH has accompanied me as he does not want to miss out on even one day of PF! :D And he sends a big thumbs-up to Gordon for his work on the fire truck chassis! ;)

That's sweet! Especially the picture of the Cap'n giving the 'thumbs-up'. ;D
Hope you both enjoy the rest of your stay. :)

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2006, 08:55:07 »
They are showing it live over here, so it will probably be all over when you read this.

If you happened to watch it, I am sure you saw more of it than I did. I saw some 140 images, taken at a shutter speed of 1/500 of a second, so technically I did not even see 1/3 of a second of the game! :)

It has been a very good trip, but very, very busy. We transmitted more photos from this game than from any other single event in AP history.

Though I am primarily an editor, I did manage to get out and make a couple of nice photos. But I am longing for home as well - I am not cut out to live in a hotel, I miss my family too much! :) I am flying home in about 5 hours and cannot wait! :D

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2006, 14:19:11 »
Hello, Cap'n ...

I watched the Detroit weather on TV. And, for some reason Detroit does not look like a proper place for a Caribbean Pirate! ...  :o

All the best mi amigo,
Richard

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2006, 05:19:56 »
Indeed last night after the game it was COLD! Brrrr!

I could use a week in the tropics to thaw out! ;)

BTW, the photo you included in your post was taken by a friend of mine, David Phillip. Here's one I shot as well:

I am home now, and even though it is cold, it is not nearly as frigid as Detroit... I did have time for one small Plaumo project during my downtime in the Motor City. I will try to post a photo tomorrow...