Author Topic: Deadeye Dick says hello to all playmofriends :-)  (Read 7184 times)

Offline deadeye dick

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Capt'n of the Punisher
    • Deadeye Dick's
Deadeye Dick says hello to all playmofriends :-)
« on: January 04, 2006, 12:40:00 »
Ahoi Playmofriends,

I finally found my way to this board... Some people will already know me from 'the other side' and I'm glad to find some 'missing persons' back when looking at the member list  ;)

NAME: David
CHILDREN: Only the child within me  ;D
MARRIED: No, but living together with my girlfriend (we know each other for almost 12y)
WORK: I work in IT; looking for new job because this one's boring
HOBBIES: he he, what do you think  :-[
PLAYMOBIL: Especially pirate collector, but also medieval & western...
HOW DID IT START: As a child I was fond of PM... Unfortunately I never got the pirate ship from Santa  :-X I guess I played with PM until the mid-80's (without the pirate ship - grrrrrrrrrr - although I had some pirates). Last year (December 2004) I was bored searching ebay for CD's (boring job, remember), so I was thinking: what should I search now... And then it happened: let's search for the PM pirate ship... I bought my first 3750 from ebay France (about 80 EUR, including shipping) and a few days later the second one in a second hand shop for 6 EUR. My primary goal was to have a nice ship that was complete, and then it would stop  :-X
In the meantime I already bought several ship wrecks. Some of them were destined to customize (resulted in the Lionheart, Victory, Punisher and within a few weeks the Santa Maria); others were sold after being restored in order to win some money back... Just like Capitain Henry I'm creating my own sails and stickers (he was my example)
WEB SITE: www.deadeye.be The purpose of the web site is in the first place to have a central place where I can view my collection from everywhere in the world (where there's an internet connection), because it makes me happy  :D So, you won't find a lot of text (at this moment); only pictures & a guestbook...

So, that's about it in a nutshell...

Regards,

DD.
Check out Deadeye Dick's hideout @ www.deadeye.be

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
Re: Deadeye Dick says hello to all playmofriends :-)
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 12:51:47 »
Hi DD! :wave:

Welcome to PlaymoFriends! :D
It's lovely to have another Belgian member here! Let's hope many more will follow. ;)

I've always been a great admirer of your customised pirate ships and I look forward to seeing more of your wonderful creations when you have time to share them with us. 8-)

Thanks for telling us about yourself, and also for providing the link to your great website which I wasn't aware existed! :-[ I will add it to the forum's links page when I next get time to update it. :)

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 13:16:36 »
Be welcome from the South of Germany.

(The "South" in this text here is important because there for sure will come also one from the North  ;D)

BTW, very cool homepage with a lot of interesting pictures (although my special field of interest are no pirates).

p.s.: In contrast to you I was a proud owner of the pirate ship in my childhood and just recently restored it from the attic (replaced some brocken and old parts by newer ones).
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 13:19:45 by Little Jo »

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 13:27:11 »
Hi DD  :wave: Nice to see you've made it!  :)
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006, 14:37:51 »

Aaaargh ... 'Nother pirate 'ere is it? Welcome matey! ... :arrr:

And, a BIG welcome from St.Thomas in the US Virgin Islands here in the Pirate's Caribbean! ... :wave:
Richard (aka Durty Dick the Scourge o' d'Caribee)

Offline Serenity

• Playmo Lover
  • just call me Mal
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2006, 15:04:45 »
Welcome Deadeye!  :wave:
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Offline arab warrior

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2006, 15:08:09 »
Nice to see you here Deadeye Dick,
I know you already from....... you know, somewhere else!
But nevermind that, i'm glad you made it here.

Offline Red

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Proud mommy of M and G!
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2006, 16:25:25 »
Greetings Deadeye from Shelburne, Vermont, USA! I too remember you...

Cheers,
Red (I was once mommy2mandg)

One half the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other. - Jane Austen

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2006, 23:42:55 »
Welcome DD :D

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2006, 10:01:35 »
Hi Deadeye!

Good to have you here as well!
I missed your ships...  ;)

(The "South" in this text here is important because there for sure will come also one from the North  ;D)

Greetings from the North of Germany...
(it seems like Little Jo and me now officially in charge for representing these parts of germany...  :lol: )

I had a pirate ship as well when I was a little boy... Actually, in 2004 I got another pirate ship for christmas... And I am not little anymore... ;)

best regards,
socrates

"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
— Hans Christian Andersen