Author Topic: Kingdoms Map: Trechisperia  (Read 13450 times)

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
Kingdoms Map: Trechisperia
« on: November 20, 2011, 18:59:07 »
Inspired by the story of Katzenreich I made up a geography, history of the Kingdom of Techisperia. It's however not a kingdom, for they have no king, they don't believe in it.

Here follows some geography:

Beneath a vast mountain range, with eternal snow as canopies over their tops, lies a wide slowly steeping, seemingly desolate land covered with pine trees and cypresses. These forests, or rather this enormous forest for it seems there is no open land, houses all kind of animals like pine martens, red deer, aurochs and birds like wild fowl and the wood grouse.

Going south-west the forest landscape slowly changes and the land no longer declines but levels in wide grasslands where wild horses and sheep dominate the view and these grasslands gradually changes into a no-man’s land of sand and stones. In the east were the mountain range ends in steep cliffs the sea bashes the mountains ceaselessly. Southwards in the forested valley besides the sea the land ends in snow-white sand beaches.

The land between the mountains in the north and the desert in the south is known as Trechisperia or Pinuak as most of the inhabitants would name it. With only mountains in the north, which act as a great impenetrable fortress, the forested valleys and the green grasslands of Trechisperia are never in there shadows. The land is devoid of rivers but mild rain in spring and autumn keep the land fertile when the east wind brings clouds from the sea. On warm sunny days and an eastern wind the scent of pinetrees carries all the way to Katzenreich and Ithaca.

The moutains on the southside are abounding with caves and tunnels, some of them go very deep and inside these caves gold, silver and the biggest crystals one has ever seen can be found there. In addition to these precious metals the caves are inhabited by people who might look primeval at first sight. Although their deceivingly graceless appearance may fool you, Treschisperians are civilised people with sophisticated technology and though they still use stones in their weaponry and arsenal, they are great craftsmen in metallurgy and use bronze, gold and silver in combination with gemstones for mostly decorative purposes.

More to follow.

:playmo: :egypt: :roman: :builder: :playmo:

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
Re: Kingdoms Map: Trechisperia
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 20:50:26 »
Very good! :wow:
I am eager to learn more about Trechisperia! :clap:

Will you be telling us about politics in Trechisperia?
I want to hear more about their government. :)
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline Ace

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 21:21:54 »
Excellent geography :clap:! The land of Trechisperia has so much natrual beauty, and it's inhabitants sound like very interesting people. :picsplz:!
Ace :brownhair:

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 22:08:07 »
Very good! :wow:
I am eager to learn more about Trechisperia! :clap:

Will you be telling us about politics in Trechisperia?
I want to hear more about their government. :)

Military and politics are next in the story.

Excellent geography :clap:! The land of Trechisperia has so much natrual beauty, and it's inhabitants sound like very interesting people. :picsplz:!
Ace :brownhair:

Pics are on the way.. or at least 1. It's difficult to take a picture of them the're very demure :lol: ;)

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 19:01:27 »
Very nice intro. When I get home I will look at your geography because I can't see it on my phone. I hope you have a military because your living amongst war mongering kingdoms. Lol. The empire, Krull and ithaca have vast armies. Stay safe out there! Lol

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 00:03:10 »
Trechisperia sounds like a picturesque place to me! I am eager to hear about politics and the army! :)
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 20:37:08 »

For outsiders travelling Trechisperia the land seems uninhabited, no houses, no castles, maybe some deserted tents can be spotted. As was told, the Trechisperians live in their caves. The people do not like to have strangers in their land so they keep hidden, but with a watchful eye, no man or beast passes through their realm against their will. For them outsiders are usurpers and they will not contact you. Travellers could ride through the woods, mountains and grasslands without ever meeting a living soul. However, if they think your attentions are good you might be welcomed and you will experience what the meaning of true hospitality is.

The people in Trechisperia are craftsmen, hunters or shepherds. The craftsmen spent most of their time in their caves creating magnificent works of art and beauty, mostly of metal. The shepherds are in there grasslands and create poetry and music. The hunters on the other hand are more like what you could call an army. They hunt for food, but besides they are guardians of the woods, grasslands and caves. In the mountains and forests secret hideouts for guards are set-up and they keep unceasing watch, and their arrows are sure and deadly as are their spears.

Here is a picture of two hunters in their environment. They are named Aed and Uisge the best archers of the Trechesperians.

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2011, 17:48:03 »
Much like the Picts in Scotland, any invading army would travel into their lands to find very little of anything.
But if they tried to leave anyone to garrison a town, a huge host would rise up and recapture the settlement.
Trechisperia seems like a very scary place for any invading army. :o
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2011, 18:35:33 »
very cool story, and I love that natural scenery and the figures - can't wait for more :)
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2011, 19:24:33 »
Much like the Picts in Scotland, any invading army would travel into their lands to find very little of anything.
But if they tried to leave anyone to garrison a town, a huge host would rise up and recapture the settlement.
Trechisperia seems like a very scary place for any invading army. :o

Scary indeed, if you have the wrong intentions. BTW you have a keen eye WoT I had some Scot inspiration Aed and Uisge are actually Celtic.

very cool story, and I love that natural scenery and the figures - can't wait for more :)

More will come with approriate pics, if possible. :)