Author Topic: Ayuma Series  (Read 2123 times)

Offline collectobart

• Playmo Enthusiast
Ayuma Series
« on: October 09, 2021, 12:58:46 »
Found what is probably the first episode of "Adventures of Ayuma" in my linkedin feed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su65loFRbi0

It's produced by WILFILM, the same studio that does Novelmore and they did a nice job with what they were given.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Ayuma Series
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2021, 15:25:52 »
Thanks for the heads up!  :love:

The animation is GORGEOUS, just like Novelmore, and we laughled out loud with the door :P

The only problem with the Ayuma are the ruined bodytypes. I can't look at them without feeling like cursing and crying. Such beautiful work, useless. AND they are ugly too - the bodies. And the mouths.

The animals are gorgeous, and so is most of the stuff - a shame it's system why, but sill amazing (worse, I WANT THEM ALL!!!)

Oh, a problem with that episode: it's too small!

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2021, 21:29:46 »
I've not watched the show, but the sets seem to be on expensive side

Offline collectobart

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2021, 00:15:44 »
The only problem with the Ayuma are the ruined bodytypes. I can't look at them without feeling like cursing and crying. Such beautiful work, useless. AND they are ugly too - the bodies. And the mouths.

Yeah, its what you get when you try to twist a little SCHLEICH, MATTEL and HASBRO into a PLAYMOBIL figure, it ends up being a "worst of..." collection.

It's not the only problem though, there is also the price/play value ratio. For 140 eur we used to get a fully populated school or hospital. The Ayuma treehouse costs just as much, but offers much less. And we could go through the rests of the sets and discover the same value/price inflation. Less for more.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2021, 13:45:46 »
Yeah, its what you get when you try to twist a little SCHLEICH, MATTEL and HASBRO into a PLAYMOBIL figure, it ends up being a "worst of..." collection.

Well.. I actually think the sets are beautiful - except the horrid bodies. I do wish they were steck/system X, but they seem usable as is (unlike most half buildings).

If not for the lousy bodies, Ayuma would be, imo, a masterpiece. On the top with the best themes EVER.

It's not the only problem though, there is also the price/play value ratio. For 140 eur we used to get a fully populated school or hospital. The Ayuma treehouse costs just as much, but offers much less. And we could go through the rests of the sets and discover the same value/price inflation. Less for more.

That is very true, the prices are going insane :(

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2021, 19:36:31 »
Well.. I actually think the sets are beautiful - except the horrid bodies. I do wish they were steck/system X, but they seem usable as is (unlike most half buildings).

If not for the lousy bodies, Ayuma would be, imo, a masterpiece. On the top with the best themes EVER.

That is very true, the prices are going insane :(

Couldn't agree with you more.
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2021, 07:42:32 »
I love the Ayuma fairies - skinny bodies and all!

I got all the sets; yep, expensive, but I thought, 'Well, if that's what they cost, then that's what they cost, and I'll have to put up with it.'  I couldn't pass it by, I love fairies anyway, and these are the best fairy sets ever.

Mind you, my Ayuma fairies will be nothing like the animation fairies.  Only the bat fairies are baddies?  Oh no, some of those other ones definitely look like baddies to me....
Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2021, 18:56:55 »
I love the Ayuma fairies - skinny bodies and all!

Hate the bodies, even more because the whole theme is AMAZING (apart from that)...

I got all the sets; yep, expensive, but I thought, 'Well, if that's what they cost, then that's what they cost, and I'll have to put up with it.'  I couldn't pass it by, I love fairies anyway, and these are the best fairy sets ever.

I am getting to that point. Everything is so, SO beautiful :love: ... (except the bodies - I WILL NOT shut up  :-\ )

Mind you, my Ayuma fairies will be nothing like the animation fairies.  Only the bat fairies are baddies?  Oh no, some of those other ones definitely look like baddies to me....

No baddies around here.. But I looking forward to wonderful stories from you!  ;D

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2021, 19:27:47 »
Bats are pollinators and good for the environment. Have you seen the first episode? They play the bat fairy like she's bad, but the crystal fairies are hogging all the crystals which seems unfair to me.
I will probably end up with as much of it as I can. The big sets are so big though. Expensive and also take up a lot of space. I just want all the fairies and animals.
To judge size notice that the base of the big tree looks to be the same mold that was used for 4460 - Easter bunny Tree-House and builds on top of that. Someone who has it can confirm perhaps?

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2021, 16:24:58 »
To judge size notice that the base of the big tree looks to be the same mold that was used for 4460 - Easter bunny Tree-House and builds on top of that. Someone who has it can confirm perhaps?

Raven may be able to confirm this as she has bought ALL the Ayuma sets  :omg:  :picsplz:

I've just received set 70799 from Germany (UPS managed that task), but as it's a Christmas present for Mrs. GrahamB* I will have to sneak the box open in a reversible and totally deniable way to confirm your eminently sensible suggestion, Tiermann.

If I go quiet on the forum for a few days, it will be because my sneaky box opening has been discovered and punished. (Only joking, she's a sweetheart really...)

* actually, I did allow her to keep her own first name when we married, big of me, no?
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)