Author Topic: James Bond 007-Aston Martin.  (Read 4931 times)

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
Re: James Bond 007-Aston Martin.
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2021, 18:54:59 »
Seems like he won't be able to take his hat off...

Yes :( Not a real bald head.

I assume it's a new type of "hair", which means you can put it on other klicky heads an create the illusion that a bald klicky is wearing a hat or a hood, could be nice for a custom Monk for example, so far you always had to use a hair piece.
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2021, 21:22:51 »
I assume it's a new type of "hair", which means you can put it on other klicky heads an create the illusion that a bald klicky is wearing a hat or a hood, could be nice for a custom Monk for example, so far you always had to use a hair piece.

I suppose so, but (and I know I am being picky  :-[ ) then it should be skin colored....  imo... :P

No monks wanted here, but I have plans for at least one on hold for it, if it looks good :)

(assuming we can get those...)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2021, 08:30:47 »
It's a very nice looking set and I approve of there being four figures included. It's a shame they didn't include a skintone piece to complete Oddjob's bald head. White spats available as spares will be useful.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline PMatt

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2021, 16:25:02 »

I might be mistaken, but couldn't a similar piece be engineered by taking a hacksaw to a normal hair piece? Keeping only the top part so that it grips on the head and doesn't show beneath a hat?

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2021, 17:28:37 »
You could also use the Scooby Doo hat rubber pieces, just shove them into the head, maybe a little trim and there you go.
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2021, 23:38:12 »
Looks like a great set, can’t wait to add it to our collection. The only thing is can’t really use it multiple times as it’s such a rare unique vehicle in real life it would look odd if  there were a dozen of them in a diorama . Might have to get a few anyways, just because it’s so beautiful
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline PMatt

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2021, 19:40:21 »
You could also use the Scooby Doo hat rubber pieces, just shove them into the head, maybe a little trim and there you go.

I will have to try it – thanks for your suggestion!

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2021, 06:53:02 »
Pretty spectacular.

Wish they had included Pussy Galore instead of one of the henchmen. And they really need to design some more-visually pleasing hairpieces - Bond’s looks even worse than SC’s toupee.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2021, 07:22:38 »
I haven't seen the Oddjob klicky myself, but according to Catchet (via SonParaMiHijo) on klickywelt, his "hair" (the black skullcap thing) is non-removable. that is a shame!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2021, 07:41:54 »
I haven't seen the Oddjob klicky myself, but according to Catchet (via SonParaMiHijo) on klickywelt, his "hair" (the black skullcap thing) is non-removable. that is a shame!

AGH.

And BA's too? I thought it was like dr X... uhm.

I WANT TO SEE THEM WITH MY HANDS!! :hissyfit: