Author Topic: Entreprise NCC-1701  (Read 14022 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Entreprise NCC-1701
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2021, 11:48:35 »
:o

Is that legit?

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2021, 11:58:59 »
As far as I know, this will be the most expensive Playmobil set so far? Am I right?

And not only the the most expensive one, probably also the biggest one:

Over 40" long by 16" wide = about 1m long and 40cm wide :o

Fortunately I’m a Star Wars fan (but I dare not to hope for a Millemium Falcon)... But I really enjoyed the last Star Trek movies.
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline Erik

• Playmobil crusader / Toyhunter
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2021, 12:57:36 »
Phew, I'm glad I'm not a huge "Star Trek" fan, that price is quite steep.
Honestly speaking I'm not into most of the "franchizes" so far.
The most valiant knights are made of German plastic!!!

Offline collectobart

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2021, 19:03:36 »
It is the biggest and most expensive set ever indeed, and probably the most expensive product wave to date too, even though its just one set.

It is huge but more intended as a display item for a select collector audience than a play set.

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2021, 19:56:22 »
Deluxe Toy & Hobby has pre-ordered one for me.

Offline Redmao

• Playmo Lover
  • Playmo adventurer
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2021, 22:17:56 »
$500? That's a very ambitious project.
Even Hasbro made some kickstarter/preorder campaigns when they recently released such expensive pieces for Star Wars and Transformers and both lines are backed by a lots of collectors who have deep, very deep pockets.
While I love Playmobil, I'm not sure that the collecting crowd is as... motivated. Maybe if you add the Trekkies/Trekkers to the ranks it makes enough people to warrant such a big piece.

A separate bridge set and a separate transporter room might be more my alley as I have no idea how I could display this big ship...

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2021, 02:48:58 »

While I love Playmobil, I'm not sure that the collecting crowd is as... motivated. Maybe if you add the Trekkies/Trekkers to the ranks it makes enough people to warrant such a big piece.

I'm assuming that this is aimed primarily at people who buy Star Trek stuff, rather than people who buy Playmobil, if that makes sense (because for that amount of money you can buy A LOT of Playmobil)

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2021, 11:16:48 »
With that kind of price tag I’d expect the price on this one to be slashed faster than you can say ‘to boldly go …’

Still haven’t seen any pics, but considering it’ll just be a lump of plastic (albeit a huge one) the price is very very steep. And for a mass-market toy available at retail (as opposed to a limited run, collector’s product) it is doubly so.

We’ll see …
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2021, 13:36:26 »
And for a mass-market toy available at retail (as opposed to a limited run, collector’s product) it is doubly so.

I'm assuming - based solely on the price tag to be honest - that this will be limited edition (they have done the odd limited edition run before)

You'd hope that they've done a fair amount of research on this, since if it's a right off they can't use the moulds for anything else.

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2021, 06:18:07 »
Let’s just say the Megaconstrux Star Trek sets from a couple of years ago didn’t exactly fly off the shelves. I’m a casual Star Trek fan but I’d be reluctant to devote so much space to a ST toy. It’s bad enough already that my Lego UCS Falcon is still in its box, too big to display, and I’m a much bigger SW fan.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."