Author Topic: We should get together in Oregon  (Read 6179 times)

Offline Ronastoo

• Playmo Lover
  • MamaDragon
Re: We should get together in Oregon
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2010, 20:12:23 »
It's getting close to Oct 3 and we haven't mentioned our shopping/playing adventure recently.   Are we still planning to get together?   Does anyone else want to join us?
Rona MamaDragon

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2010, 21:43:00 »
It's getting close to Oct 3 and we haven't mentioned our shopping/playing adventure recently.   Are we still planning to get together?   Does anyone else want to join us?

I never got a response to my PM so I wasn't sure if you were still interested.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2010, 02:25:27 »
I am planning on it. I got the Eugene Toy and Hobby anniversary sale postcard today. They will be open 12 to 5 on Sunday.
So we can start there for our scheduling. Are you still planning on driving late Saturday Rona?

Offline Ronastoo

• Playmo Lover
  • MamaDragon
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2010, 04:28:36 »
I never got a response to my PM so I wasn't sure if you were still interested.
ARGH!   I keep forgetting to look to see if there is something in "My Messages."  Sorry!  Sorry!  Sorry!
I'm planning to drive south on Saturday and then drive more south on Sunday to get to Eugene.  It would be great to start at the toy store.  What are our plans after that?  (Let's make them sound very exciting so that everyone will wish that they had come to Oregon to play with us.)
Rona MamaDragon

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2010, 15:16:37 »
So 12 at Eugene Toy and Hobby?

Well first we go to the amazing sale where we get all the Playmo we could want for 20% off plus another 5% off the total purchase - all without sales taxes. Then we go to see the Amazing Halloween Castle Diorama of Wonder and perhaps arrange some Playmo trades. Then we go to the Humongous Playmotable of Doom and see any displays that may have been set up. Then maybe make a Mama Dragon Visits the South short Playmostory. Then we have some sort of dinner. Then to relax we play with our Playmobil.  ;D

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2010, 16:32:07 »

Well first we go to the amazing sale where we get all the Playmo we could want for 20% off plus another 5% off the total purchase - all without sales taxes. Then we go to see the Amazing Halloween Castle Diorama of Wonder and perhaps arrange some Playmo trades. Then we go to the Humongous Playmotable of Doom and see any displays that may have been set up. Then maybe make a Mama Dragon Visits the South short Playmostory. Then we have some sort of dinner. Then to relax we play with our Playmobil.  ;D

Sounds awesome! :D
Too bad I can't be there. :-\
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2010, 20:12:00 »

Sounds good! I know Rona has to hit I5 north by 7pm Sunday, so we have seven hours together - better be sitting in a diner by 6pm for dinner. How about Sizzler off Gateway Street?

I have a slight alternative suggestion. If noon is a little late for a start for anyone, I'll be working away at the Humongous Playmotable of Doom Sunday morning, so anyone who wants to drop in anytime from 9am would be welcome. Tim, you know how to get here, Rona I'll PM you my address. No need to confirm or anything, just turn up if you're free and bored. I'll set out for ET&H about 11:40am.

Right now my display is still a work in progress. That is to say, I've done some thinking and planning, and, er, tidying. Just a little tidying. Mostly thinking.  Mostly.  :-[

So, ahem, by Sunday I'll have a clear 5'x5' table area, possibly larger, and a huge pile of dark steck ready to build a Halloween Castle, together with skeletons, mummies, ghosts etc. to decorate it with.

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2010, 23:34:22 »
Well ... did you meet?   :eh?: 
We haven't heard anything about your get together yet!   :-X

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2010, 14:21:20 »
Yes we did meet and it went well. I was unfortunately not well this weekend, but managed to do about 2/3 of what we had planned. Martin and Rona did the rest themselves. There will be a few pictures to post here eventually.
I bought two advent calendars, the school workshop set, and a ghost pirate special at the shop.

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2010, 19:17:40 »
Lots of fun had by all!

We met up at the shop which was having a sale, and at 25% off I got a couple of sets which I would probably otherwise have passed over - 4225 and 4251 from the Fairytale theme that will go with the castle I got a while ago.

On to Tim's house, where we admired his Halloween Castle. I won't reveal much more until Tim does, but it's much bigger than last year, covering a whole table with a haunted grove, wizard's workshop, children's theatre and lots of other good stuff. Many wonderful touches and secrets and a huge amount of imagination has gone into it. Plus hot warm glue.

We did some trading, and I learnt about the grab bags that are occasionally available from Playmobil US. I got a couple of Roman siege towers from Rona, plus several smaller useful parts and figures that she didn't need, and from Tim I got some rare sets, in exchange for which so far I can only put up a yellow steck house and a recent blister pack. Rona and Tim also did some trading. I really need to get my trade items organised.

Onto the chaos that is my Playmoden, sans Tim who wasn't feeling well. Rona acquired a single Musketeer special from me, poor return for the siege towers et al.

My wife joined us and we went for dinner at Marie Callender's, I had baby back ribs and New York Style Cheesecake, and I'm pretty sure Rona and Beth ate something too, but the important thing is I had baby back ribs and New York Style Cheesecake.

After dinner Rona had to set off on a 5 hour drive back North, while I was chauffeured home to gloat over my new acquisitions.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 19:22:49 by Martin Milner »