Author Topic: 123 is Discontinued for Playmobil Jr  (Read 672 times)

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Last Edit: January 23, 2024, 18:24:42 by JLMatterer »

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: 123 is Discontinued for Playmobil Jr
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2024, 09:07:40 »
Hopefully the new packaging is not as wasteful as that idiotic animal packaging (with the animals out, a bucket of glue and several plastic bags)..

Also.. what is the durability of these new materials?

If they are as messed up color wise as playmobil claims (I STILL don't buy  it!), they are unfit for anything that requires a matching color...  The colors ARE beautiful.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2024, 21:06:44 »
Hmm, sounds like a pipe dream

“Bioplastics are being touted by industry marketers as the solution to plastics pollution. But the idea that bottles and packaging made of plant-based material can simply be discarded and then break down and disappear is false – recycling and reuse are the only strategies that can work.”

https://e360.yale.edu/features/why-bioplastics-will-not-solve-the-worlds-plastics-problem#:~:text=The%20two%20most%20commonly%20used,crops%20like%20corn%20and%20sugarcane.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Luftgaengerin

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2024, 11:17:22 »
Hmm, sounds like a pipe dream

“Bioplastics are being touted by industry marketers as the solution to plastics pollution. But the idea that bottles and packaging made of plant-based material can simply be discarded and then break down and disappear is false – recycling and reuse are the only strategies that can work.”

https://e360.yale.edu/features/why-bioplastics-will-not-solve-the-worlds-plastics-problem#:~:text=The%20two%20most%20commonly%20used,crops%20like%20corn%20and%20sugarcane.

Thanks Rasputin for sharing this interesting article.
I have the same information. It seems to be a current selling strategy and not, as claimed in the article from toyworldmag, "(...) whilst helping to save the planet."  :(
"Give me that man that is not passion’s slave" - Shakespeare's Hamlet.

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2024, 20:09:13 »
Toys aren't the problem, it's packaging and disposables like cigarette filters. Yes, filters are made of plastic.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2024, 08:53:24 »
Toys aren't the problem, it's packaging and disposables like cigarette filters. Yes, filters are made of plastic.

LASTING toys aren't the problem (or anything else, I guess) - IMO. The problem is flimsy disposable junk...

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2024, 12:09:12 »
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Eplay

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2024, 01:29:55 »
LASTING toys aren't the problem (or anything else, I guess) - IMO. The problem is flimsy disposable junk...

So true, packaging and those cheap toys that are easily broken or discarded or both