Author Topic: Hello my name is Alexander but you can call me Ackie.  (Read 3108 times)

Offline Ackie

• Playmo Fanatic
Hello my name is Alexander but you can call me Ackie.
« on: October 25, 2019, 10:51:39 »
Hello my name is Alexander but my family  and close friends  call me Ackie. The nickname "Ackie" began when a friend of my mum's visited me in hospital and her young son could not say "Alexander", he pronounced it "Ackixander". I live in Edinburgh (Scotland). I started to pick up Playmobil sets that I liked the look of in 2013. My big brother was a huge fan and I often played with his sets, so I would say I started when I was three or  four years old, therefore twenty-six years ago. My Playmobil sets are still boxed. When my mobility improves I am planning to use my Playmobil sets to photograph scenes in the real human world outside. (I’ve just had a new hip fitted.) For example Photographing a Playmobil cyclist cycling through a woodland ground. I also love telling stories through  pictures. I  take photographs and then add the storyline. This I already do with my Action Man figures.I have been doing this sort of work, taking pictures and creating stories, for the last twelve years. At present I don’t have a particular Playmobil area of interest. I buy Playmobil sets that I like the look of.
It doesn’t matter how big or small your Playmobil collection is, it’s what you do with it that matters.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Hello my name is Alexander but you can call me Ackie.
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2019, 12:17:00 »
Welcome from Portugal!

Hope you get well soon, and I look forward to seeing your photos :)

Do you have a site or something with your Action Man pics?

Offline Ackie

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2019, 12:55:43 »
Welcome from Portugal!

Hope you get well soon, and I look forward to seeing your photos :)

Do you have a site or something with your Action Man pics?

Thank you very much tahra. Yes, I’m a member of a Action Man forum called Action Man Mobile Ops. Here is the link to all my random action man pictures: http://actionmanmobileops.forumotion.co.uk/f36-mam-random-pictures
My user name is Prof Gangrene Fan on the Action Man forum.
It doesn’t matter how big or small your Playmobil collection is, it’s what you do with it that matters.

Offline PMatt

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2019, 13:43:24 »
Welcome from Italy, Ackie!  :wave:

Edinburgh – what a lovely city, I had plans to visit it this very month but had to cancel them.

I wish you well and I'll make sure to check your Action Man pictures over at the forum you linked!

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2019, 16:09:00 »
Welcome from Belgium! Looking forward to your pictures!

Have a speedy recovery!
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2019, 16:41:22 »
A warm welcome from North Yorkshire!  Get well soon and I look forward to seeing your project develop.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Ackie

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2019, 17:10:31 »
Welcome from Italy, Ackie!  :wave:

Edinburgh – what a lovely city, I had plans to visit it this very month but had to cancel them.

I wish you well and I'll make sure to check your Action Man pictures over at the forum you linked!

Thank you very much for the welcome PlaymoCollector. I totally agree with you on that Edinburgh is a lovely city. Hope you enjoy checking out my random action man pictures.

Offline Ackie

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2019, 17:11:30 »
Welcome from Belgium! Looking forward to your pictures!

Have a speedy recovery!

Thank you very much for the welcome bml87.

Offline Ackie

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2019, 17:12:23 »
A warm welcome from North Yorkshire!  Get well soon and I look forward to seeing your project develop.

Thank you very much for your warm welcome playmofire.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2019, 19:07:48 »
Thank you very much tahra. Yes, I’m a member of a Action Man forum called Action Man Mobile Ops. Here is the link to all my random action man pictures: http://actionmanmobileops.forumotion.co.uk/f36-mam-random-pictures
My user name is Prof Gangrene Fan on the Action Man forum.

Saw some - very nice - and loved the display cabinet too!
(I have a couple of Action Men too ;) )