Author Topic: 70169 Cargo German Exclusive - The never aging set.  (Read 2081 times)

Offline Bas

• Playmo Enthusiast
70169 Cargo German Exclusive - The never aging set.
« on: November 16, 2019, 16:45:43 »
Hi all,

Today I discovered a new secretly Cargo set. It is a reintroduced set from 4314, that came back several times in the DS corner.
It comes with a truck, both truck and forklift in the most beautiful colors it can be. The colors remind me of the Strabag company embleem.

Opening the box it looks filled well.

The manual starts with the main building, which contains of many smaller System X pieces.

This set contains many- many stickers!. Every bit of mm of the 2 containers gets a finishing touch.

The Terminal itself is way wider than it appears on the box photos, both forklift and truck and drive through next to each other.

The forklift is build the same way like the greenish 00' model. I just like this color combo much better. It also has the possibility to tow a small trailer

This truck has made his 3rd of 4th comeback by now. Still timeless design, I wished it had a mechanism to tilt its container.
The cabin has place for a mobile phone and fire extinguisher.

2 more pics of the terminal and the System X parts. I like the blue touch more than the grey used in the original Cargo hall.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 17:04:30 by Bas »

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: 70169 Cargo German Exclusive - The never aging set.
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2019, 16:58:31 »
Your photos are not showing.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2019, 17:05:53 »
It does have nice colors.. :)

No, but we can see them by following the link.. Maybe it's not allowed to display in another site?

Offline Bas

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2019, 17:07:11 »

True, a lot has changed the last 3 years, all photo bucket free service 's gone and many issues more......

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2019, 21:09:21 »
Thanks for adding the photos.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2019, 10:40:24 »
And very nice photos they are too! Well lit and nicely posed. A nice review, thanks Bas! One of several sets that just never seem to disappear!

I like the fact that the box has very liitle empty space, over-large boxes seem to be used more and more of late. It's neat the way the large cargo boxes fit in the back of the truck. But I don't think this is a set I will be buying, its not my "thing".
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline PMatt

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2019, 11:13:08 »
Thanks for the photo-review, it is a nice set with plenty of potential!

I'd be curious to know, what's the part number for the officer's beret?

Offline Bas

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2019, 12:54:59 »
Thank you all visiting this section in the forum.

The Beret's number is: 30 62 8882
Tahra, do you know how to make the images through Igmur 1000 x800 pixels without going above 100kb?
I used to upload my photos through other channels. But they all ended their Free-services.
I believe half of my pictures in older reviews are now offline :(

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2019, 16:00:14 »
Tahra, do you know how to make the images through Igmur 1000 x800 pixels without going above 100kb?

Sorry, no... I usually use my own site for pics (control freak here)..

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2019, 11:45:54 »

You can resize pictures on PF by stating width or height like this:
[img width=500]website link[/img or [img height=1000]website link[/img

(you have to close the [/img commands with a ])

But maybe that doesn't answer the question you were actually asking, Bas!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)