Author Topic: 4820 turntable ladder fire engine review  (Read 12363 times)

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
Re: 4820 turntable ladder fire engine review
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2010, 00:14:15 »
Thanks again for the great reveiw PlaymoFire! :)
And thank you for the custom/variations for the storage.
I too was very tempted to buy one when I was at Target today...
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2010, 18:18:36 »
I really admire your customs Gordon, and I think that your two customs here are exquisite and could easily pass as originals :wow: :wow: :wow:

I think the problem with the new car 4822 is that there is nothing new here, apart from a suprise when I opened the box up was that the fire chief has grey hair which I have seen no other recent klicky having :hmm:
The wheels also look too small in my opinion, but I love the suspension and the fact that it matches the other new engines :love:

Thank you for your comliments, flatcat.

I may well add the 4822 to my collection later after investigating whether it can be converted to take the working roof lights.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2010, 19:33:51 »
Thank you for your comliments, flatcat.

I may well add the 4822 to my collection later after investigating whether it can be converted to take the working roof lights.

From looking at the roof, it would be possible to cut a hole in it with a sword saw or something similar to put a flashing light unit in, although this wouldn't leave any room inside for the klicky as there is only just enough room now :hmm:

A more advanced flashing light system might need to be thought through :-\

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2010, 20:06:03 »
From looking at the roof, it would be possible to cut a hole in it with a sword saw or something similar to put a flashing light unit in, although this wouldn't leave any room inside for the klicky as there is only just enough room now :hmm:

A more advanced flashing light system might need to be thought through :-\

Thanks for that info, Damo.  :wave:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2010, 03:06:14 »

Playmobil should put you in their marketing department, Gordon!

Your great reviews (and customs) always tempt me to start collecting Playmobil firefighter and rescue sets!

Thanks for taking the time to show us the best of this theme.

All the best,
Richard

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2010, 07:22:16 »

Playmobil should put you in their marketing department, Gordon!

Your great reviews (and customs) always tempt me to start collecting Playmobil firefighter and rescue sets!

Thanks for taking the time to show us the best of this theme.

All the best,
Richard

Thank you for your kind words, Richard.  I must say a job in marketing with Playmobil would be nice.  You may want to mention me when you see Mr. Brandstatter!   :)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2010, 12:41:12 »

I must say a job in marketing with Playmobil would be nice.  You may want to mention me when you see Mr. Brandstatter!   :)

Be careful what you wish for, Gordon ...  :klickygrin:

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2010, 03:05:00 »
Excellent review Gordon, many thanks! The storage dilemma does seem odd and all the wasted space on the turntable deck seems a shame. Putting the traffic cones on the turntable deck would make sense since they would not be in the way while in transit and once on site could be used so again they are not in the way, I like your use of the drawer and will be interested to see what you come up with!  :wave:

Gepetto