Author Topic: Hi from Malta!  (Read 8651 times)

Offline Corkskrew

• Playmo Enthusiast
Hi from Malta!
« on: January 14, 2006, 21:04:27 »
Hi!

Happy to be another member of playmofriends! Discovered the forum a couple of days ago by mistake. A dear friend :wave: seems to have forgotten to tell me  ::) ;) 
Anyway, it looks like a great job. Congrats to the organisers!  :-*

I'm sure most of you know me already but introduce myself anyway :P

My name's Brian. I'm 25 and i'm Maltese, just like all your klicky figures  ;)
 Malta's the tiny rock somewhere under Sicily for those who might not know.

I'm a laboratory scientist and also like history a lot. Malta is the place to visit if you're into that.

Playmobil! Used to be my favourite toy as a kid together with clothes pegs and smurfs (which i also collect). Rediscovered it 3 and a half years ago and have been collecting since.

I collect more or less everything, and have built quite a nice collection. I've been recently interested in armies. Made quite a few. I also like creating non-typical playmobil armies... turks, mongols, egyptians, phoenicians etc.

I've also discovered painting recently but i still limit myself not to use it on figures. Part of my enjoyment when customising is trying to find the right coloured arms, legs etc.

Right now i'm working on a late 15th - 18th century Maltese army. Show you the pictures when it's done!

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
Re: Hi from Malta!
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2006, 21:11:01 »
Hello, Sir Brian ...

A BIG welcome from Fort Lauderdale, Florida!

Happy to see that you finally found your way here (even without any help from our mutual friend) ...  :lol:

Can't wait to see your armies.

So that I won't be accused of the same thing (not telling you about a forum), have you visited GW-PC? It's a forum that's all about Playmobil armies.

Just click below ...

All the best,
Richard

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2006, 21:30:41 »
Hi Brian!

Welcome to PlaymoFriends! :D

I'm so glad you found us!
(Sorry for not contacting you. That was very slack of me :-[)

I collect more or less everything, and have built quite a nice collection.

That has to be the understatement of the decade! Your collection is one of the biggest and best I've ever seen. :love:
Looking forward to seeing photos of all the new stuff you have acquired since I last saw pics of it. ;)

Psst. Richard... stop trying to lure away our members! :lol: ;)

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2006, 21:42:01 »
Hi Brian! :D welcome to Playmofriends :)
Can't wait to see your new customs 8-)
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline Morgan

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2006, 21:46:30 »
Hello  :wave: and welcome from Norway  :)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2006, 21:52:45 »
Hi Brian,  :wave:, nice to see you here! :**:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2006, 02:43:11 »
Hi Brian, good to see you.

Clothes pegs??

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2006, 09:05:17 »

Clothes pegs??

That's "Brit" for clothes pins love.  The old fashioned, no spring kind I think. Perhaps Brian can clarify for us Amis.

I've seen some photos of your collection Corkscrew. Very nice. Your current project sounds intersting as well. Welcome from the Pacific Northwest of America where the lone Choctaw Playmo collector roams. - Diana
Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS

Offline David

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2006, 10:14:30 »
Hi Bri! Nice to see you again!

I didn`t know that you had become interested in  `armies´and `customising´! I´m sure we`d like to see some of your customs and armies...  or any part of your collection.

I´m fascinated by the clothes pegs too.

I wanted to buy a couple of the woodland sets this week, but was told, " They`re still in Malta." Do tell them to hurry up Brian ! ;D

Offline Corkskrew

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2006, 10:31:20 »
Thanks for the Welcome  :)

Richard> Just visited! Looks great. However i'm not getting much chance to look around in forums. The collection takes enough time of my life, so i have to find a balance between playmobil and private-life. I'll be looking around though. Thanks  ;)

Sylvia>Oh! R you here too? :hehe: (still discovering the smilies  ;D
The collection has grown much bigger, though it eventually shall have to stop as theres not much room left, and i enjoy everything being displayed. It seems to be one of the biggest collections, as i've had a German friend visiting last month, who i tought had one of the biggest collections! So.. brag brag brag. :-X

Tiermann> Clothes pegs are the things you stick clothes onto the line to get dry. They used to be wooden when i was a kid. I loved building, and although i had lego for that, the fun thing about builiding for me was to be able to destroy it soon after by air attacks. >:D Lego was a bit hard to smash. Pegs were perfect. The debris was then removed and important buildings like churches would be restored.  0)

Guarrenzino> Hi David! Nice to see you too.
I'm sure PlaymobilMalta depends on me so i'll give them a call or something  :P