Author Topic: New promotional. Winter sports set WORLD CUP 2023 - Oberhof  (Read 2316 times)

Offline NICO

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Greetings from Geobratia
Woody (der Playmo-Fotograf), in the Klickywelt forum and on Facebook, warns about this promo offered by the German state of Thuringia.

Exclusive winter surprise for #Thüringen ?????: The new PLAYMOBIL winter sports set gives excitement for the World Cup 2023 in #Oberhof. The two Thüringer sports stars Erik Lesser und Dajana Eitberger Official have sponsored the new set. The Oberhof mascot "Flocke" is also present. The figures were commissioned by the national marketing company Das ist Thüringen to promote both the 2023 events and the tourist location of Oberhof. The set is available now at www.thueringen-shop.de , Oberhof tourist information and directly in the PLAYMOBIL online shop from mid-January.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: New promotional. Winter sports set WORLD CUP 2023 - Oberhof
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2022, 01:39:39 »
Hmmm, so no 2022 Winter Olympics sets ?  I was really looking forward to some Chinese sets
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2022, 09:05:37 »
Gorgeous! :love:

Thank you for the info - I suppose we should be patient, and see if it shows up on the iberia ds too...

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2022, 14:40:22 »

Online GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2022, 16:41:11 »
The set is available now at www.thueringen-shop.de

It's only 7.99€ which seems quite good value to me! But shipping outside Germany is not cheap (or possible if you live outside the EU, though I was puzzled as to why Northern Ireland was included as a shipping destination and not the rest of the UK, but they won't ship to NI anyway!).
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2022, 20:02:35 »
That's a nice set. Glad it will be available from Playmobil.de that makes it a lot easier to get.

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2022, 13:24:19 »
Hmmm, so no 2022 Winter Olympics sets ?  I was really looking forward to some Chinese sets

Do you mean official ones? I know they did those previous 'Olympic' sets but were those licensed or was it just them being sneaky? I guess they think the Winter Olympics are less high profile, or the previous ones didn't sell so well.

(or possible if you live outside the EU, though I was puzzled as to why Northern Ireland was included as a shipping destination and not the rest of the UK, but they won't ship to NI anyway!).

As far as I understand it, NI is (essentially) still within the EU, so the Brexit related problems shouldn't apply there.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2022, 13:37:45 »
Do you mean official ones? I know they did those previous 'Olympic' sets but were those licensed or was it just them being sneaky? I guess they think the Winter Olympics are less high profile, or the previous ones didn't sell so well.

Geobra likes the “sneaky” route as much as possible . They used the term Sports & Action and had all the flags but never used the Audi (I mean Olympic) logo or the copyrighted word “Olympics”
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2022, 10:11:54 »
Well, apparently 3rd rate customers don't get this in their ds, right?

I was hopeful (a fool's hope), since it would be a lot cheaper that way...

Offline Riccardo

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2022, 22:33:33 »
So, does anyone know whether this set will be available outside of Germany? I tried buying it from playmobil.de but unfortunately had the same issue as above...