Author Topic: Novelties 2022 (second half)  (Read 16139 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: Novelties 2022 (second half)
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2021, 21:33:36 »
Glad that there's more adventure sets coming. A research station sounds fantastic.

There was 70766 recently

If it was 5759 or the best ever 3433 then I’d buy dozens
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline ZooKeeper

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2021, 23:56:51 »
2 or 3 new species of animals at least. The animal bags are something we talked about in suggestions here in the past. I think they will do well.

Thought you'd be far more enthusiastic specially about the anteater ;) Wasn't it you who suggested them during your vacation to Zirndorf years ago or am i mixing things up?

Anyways, i'm happy that we'll get some real new animals after all those weird repaintings in the fantasy-themes over the last few years.

Generally it seems that the phase of decresing creativity is over as there is some really nice stuff waiting in 2022.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2021, 03:08:58 »
Yes, that was me. I am excited floor it, and hope the chipmunk are goid as well. Seems like thry would be really small. We haven't seen the hamster back again. They really should do a Plus set with the most recent house pets like the St Bernard from Heidi and the terrier from the Back to the Future advent calendar.

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2021, 05:01:02 »
Seems like a mistake to do the bird of prey and not the classic D7 battlecruiser to pair with the NCC1701
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2021, 06:57:41 »
And an even bigger mistake not doing a shuttkecraft at a lower price point, along with away mission sets. They are missing out on tons of money they could be making by doing a full range.

Offline Adam16bit

• Playmo Enthusiast
  • has been writing about toys for a long time
    • 16bit.com
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2021, 07:14:22 »
I was really hoping they'd just follow up the Enterprise with a Star Trek Advent Calendar.  Mirror Spock, Green Wrap Kirk, Rand, Chapel, Fencing Sulu, maybe an Andorian or Charon or Gorn... maybe pink TAS Pompom Tribbles?

Maybe it's a licensing contract thing? Some licenses dictate market (specialty/mass/dollar stores/etc.) while others do specify price points (Funko's Marvel and Star Wars  Hikari Vinyl lines had to be $79.99 rather than $49.99 for other licenses, I believe there were similar issues with Diamond's not-quite-Mego Marvel figures a few years ago.)  Playmates did re-up with Star Trek again so this might be contractual to prevent them from covering (arguably) the same scales at the same time.
--Adam
16bit.com and elsewhere

Offline Redmao

• Playmo Lover
  • Playmo adventurer
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2021, 10:53:48 »
And an even bigger mistake not doing a shuttkecraft at a lower price point, along with away mission sets. They are missing out on tons of money they could be making by doing a full range.
This 100%. Figure sets with classic mission inspired environments would be fantastic.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2021, 16:18:30 »
In licensed contract negotiations can’t they only buy the rights to specific items. Also can’t there be clauses of if an item didn’t sell as well as anticipated then that triggers X,Y,Z ?

Those license agreement can be complicated
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2022, 20:41:58 »
Oh, thank you, bm187, for trawling the darkness.
  • Novelmore:
I was most curious about 71027 [Attack of the Morghul mammoth] and see that the mammoth skeleton from 5101/5087 gets a new lease of life here. A good decision: it is a playful item that hasn't been overused. It would be a dream if the war platform on top would also fit regular elephants. 71023 [Destroyer sandstorms] is a bit disappointing, as this ship (now turned into a sandship) has been used a lot, and isn't particularly great. The giant scorpion(s?) of 71024 is a must-have!
  • Astérix:
So, the Advent calendar is a pirate ship. The classic model now in blue, with 6 figures. Very nice, I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks again.