Author Topic: Catalog Archive  (Read 9559 times)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Catalog Archive
« on: January 17, 2014, 21:01:17 »
Playmobil has released a catalog archive on their German site, with it planned to eventually make it to the other sites as well. From 1974 forward. The mid 80s were golden, sigh

http://www.playmobil.de/on/demandware.store/Sites-DE-Site/de_DE/Page-Show?cid=KATALOGARCHIV

Offline MimmaBlue

• Playmo Fanatic
Re: Catalog Archive
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 21:10:42 »
Wow!!!!!! :inlove:

Aside from being a playmobil fanatic, as a graphic designer, this is totally fascinating.

Thanks for the link!!!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 21:55:08 »
Are those the same ones that one would get in a shop. I do not recognize any covers but perhaps each country has its own .

Thanks for the link Tim, it's great to finally have something like this in digital. Colectobil and the db were great but if the company gets behind something like this perhaps it will get updated frequently. Now for them to make a better parts archive.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 22:21:24 »
This is great!!! It all comes back to me when watching those old catalogue pictures. They're all so inspiring!

I'm really happy they did this.

The mid 80s were golden, sigh

I was going to say early nineties, but now I've been flipping through all the catalogues, I'd have to agree with you.

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 23:25:56 »
This is cool. Thanks for the information, Tiermann! :)
~Pynedor~

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 02:24:16 »
This is really fantastic. Thanks for the heads-up, Tim. So much fun to look through these old catalogs with all the beautiful dioramas. :love:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Walts-Trains

• Playmo Lover
    • Walts Playm0bil Collection
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 21:45:14 »
Go to the bottom on the left you also have the product archive etc

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2014, 22:33:32 »
Was actually checking this out earlier today as well, wasnt sure if it was posted here already.

Definatly a great addition. Looking through it made me realise a few interesting things however:

-The classic steck castles where available nearly twenty years.
-Oddly enough steck is not on the front of the catalogue that is first to showcase this new build system. I'd figure it would have been great advertisement.
-Western and occasionly medieval seemed to get two pages instead of just one. This explains why there was room for more variation. More was available at once.
-The best medieval batch released (including 3666) had nicer pictures of the sets in the first catalogue that shows them than what they used later.
-The castle maid of the 3666 who is often kissing men or drawing their attention when she walks by in my stories is seen hugging and presumably kissing a soldier.  :lol:

« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 22:48:17 by Rhalius »

Offline kaethe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2014, 06:27:05 »
oh, so many cute smiling faces.  I must admit, when I saw the cover with the "Eskimos" I went to the box under the bed, and pulled them all out and set them up, albeit missing a few things.  Such things happen when you let your children play with your toys!  Thanks for posting the link.
kaethe

Offline sunflower

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2014, 08:10:55 »
That sure is a nice trip down memorylane...
We have a lot of the early stuff and then a gap of twentyfive years or more...
They have made such nice things. Have to catch up!  8}

Thanks for sharing!
life in plastic it's fantastic