Author Topic: Off Road Self Loading Log hauler 6538 (aka forwarder)  (Read 3450 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: Off Road Self Loading Log hauler 6538
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2019, 19:14:45 »
I like the cab rotation feature so the operator can see what he is doing , the articulating grapple is great and very realistic. Only issue is the tension on the boom arms seems weak

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2019, 19:16:34 »
The grapple seems to only want to grab one log at a time, commercially you grab as many as possible, time is money

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2019, 19:18:11 »
The cab has a great range of articulation from the trailer for rough terrain extractions

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2019, 19:19:28 »
The scale is a bit small , but most vehicles are in the playmo universe

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2019, 19:21:35 »
Overall a great set, good features, nice design,  a decent value and I’ll be getting about 5 more ( did anybody expect less)

Good job Geobra, about time ... I can stop holding my breath for this one

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2019, 21:22:06 »
Forgot to include a picture of the real one. Here is a Cat 564 forwarder (brings the logs from the forest to highway trucks, trains, rivers, lakes etc...), brings the logs forward

The real one has the cab protection bars  from brush, trees etc... and a blade to push logs dirt etc...

The playmo version could have had the blade but the protection bars would not allow for cab rotation. The real one has a rotating seat in the cab.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 21:27:22 by Rasputin »

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: Off Road Self Loading Log hauler 6538 (aka forwarder)
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2019, 21:33:28 »
Also wanted to point out how it’s nice to see Geobra paying close attention to details. It’s a pet peeve of mine when tires are mounted backwards . The traction bars go in a specific direction on equipment . They included red lines to show how to mount the tires correctly

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2019, 21:38:10 »
She almost fits properly on a flat bed train car. Will have to dig out a low boy truck and see how she fits on it .

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2019, 00:23:01 »
The proper way to get this machine to and from the job sites

Offline VicKlicktor

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Klick Kong
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2019, 01:08:36 »

Thanks! Great review! I love it too. I got mine in    set 6813,   which includes the operator. Unfortunately, the most recent forest series was not available in the Americas, so, getting those sets was not easy.

...Only issue is the tension on the boom arms seems weak...

At the beginning, I thought that problem was just for    set 9115 Timber Truck   due to usual Chinese quality issues but I see both sets 6538 and 6813 also have it