Author Topic: looking for a ds number  (Read 7694 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: looking for a ds number
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2008, 15:08:47 »
It would be really nice if hair could be ordered separately, wouldn't it?

It does come off very easily, and you'll see figures on eBay missing their hair, presumably removed by children, never to be complete figures again.

More usefully, it would make customising groups much easier - no doubt mike1003's plan is to swap hair around on his army figures.

I thought he was still referring to the epaulettes.  For a very short time the DS catalogue did have a selection of hair you could buy.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline mike1003

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2008, 23:45:13 »
yesu can order hair seperatly.. seen numbers so,ehwere in a forum.. need to look around again.. i think it was here

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2008, 00:39:52 »
I tried to get the 5801 SWAT team face masks from USA Playmbil DS. They told me that they were unavailable for field replacement, & I would be required to order the complete figures at approximately $2.75 each back then >:(. They are the same as the face masks that came on the Dark Invader 3092 before they became discontinued. The invader face masks came in yellow & red, not black, & did not have a part number either. For hair replacement sets you may want to check out these sellers on Ebay, Dode'npentoybox, & Halabek, both from Malta, or use eBay's search ... Playmobil hair ;D.
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2008, 06:18:53 »
For wig/hair part numbers, this is the link:

http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=574.0
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2008, 07:00:43 »
Thanks Gordon (and especially Socrates), that's a really useful list.

I'd never have realised that hair could be ordered separately - definitely getting a few of each style/colour in my next DS order.

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2008, 07:35:56 »
Thanks Gordon (and especially Socrates), that's a really useful list.

I'd never have realised that hair could be ordered separately - definitely getting a few of each style/colour in my next DS order.

I think that socrates discovered most of those part numbers by accident, so we are very lucky to have them at all. :)

Just noticed that the "wig number" topic is located in Collector's Corner. I will move it to the part number board so that anyone searching for it by specific boards can find the information more easily.

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2008, 09:21:58 »
It would never have occured to me to search for "wig", as in most cases these parts represent hair, not a wig. Only for the white ponytail is it obviously supposed to be a wig.

Plus "wig" is too short to search for something on Playmodb.

Offline mike1003

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2008, 09:25:00 »
well, i would like to see the price... might be cheape ron ebay..

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2008, 09:31:27 »
It would never have occured to me to search for "wig", as in most cases these parts represent hair, not a wig.

I thought about that too so I added the word "hair" to the title of the topic when I moved it. :)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2008, 09:33:16 »
It would never have occured to me to search for "wig", as in most cases these parts represent hair, not a wig. Only for the white ponytail is it obviously supposed to be a wig.

Plus "wig" is too short to search for something on Playmodb.

Remember, for the writer of the thread English is possibly a second language, or even a third one.  The German for wig is Perücke, a word we also have in English for a style of wig.  I have also come across similar uses elsewhere of "wig" for "hair" by German speakers.

I searched on "wigs".  If it's too short to search on, add an "s" if it's a noun is my policy. ;D