Author Topic: 5203 and 5204 are at my local toy store!!!!!  (Read 8744 times)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: 5203 and 5204 are at my local toy store!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2011, 18:53:06 »
Oh nice! Thank you for the knight pics!

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2011, 18:53:11 »
pgal, so you bought 38 bags total - does that mean that you also got repeats?

i love that knight, he has evil eyebrows!!! :love:
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline playmogal

• places for playmo women to go
  • Playmo Master
  • The bride and groom topper-my son's wedding cake
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2011, 19:25:01 »
Yup, I have four each of three of the female figures, the witch (8), the cavewoman (10) and pink princess (12.)

I picked up 38 bags yesterday and 11 more this morning. Did not know how many it would take to get a full set of 24 figures.

I now KNOW FOR SURE that a blind person would be much better at figuring out which baggie is which figure than most of us...our sense of touch is not as well developed as theirs is.

The hardest part was standing on one leg the whole time I was fingering the bags in the store. An hour earlier I had a steroid shot in my knee and could not use that leg. Ouch!

You are totally correct in adoring the tattoos....they are works of art. Don't know what got into the designers' minds, but they are incredible arms and figures. (And I don't care for tattoos on humans!)

That is why the guitar player and singer are my favorite couple.

Enjoy the photos below, Pgal :wave:
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!

Offline playmogal

• Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2011, 19:37:14 »
More "Blue Knight" photos...

Sorry that I know nothing about knights...totally clueless on that topic. I can lecture all day on most subjects (having been a marketing professor for 20 years), but my mind is totally blank when it comes to knights except for the giant knight we saw in the Tower of London 10 years ago.

So you will have to add the info and totally amazing details about who this figure is and his lineage. BTW I don't care for his black belt, which is good because I didn't know it had to be put on before he went together. And the sticker on the shield thingy should be more color coordinated with his red and blue clothes IMHO. The insignia thingy on the shield thingy sticker looks like a Rorshach inkblot test to me. Is it supposed to mean something? I prefer the flowery pattern (by Arnaud was it?)

The instructions are generic, so good luck to those building their first Clickie. It felt as if I was trying to catch an exploding jet plane falling out of the sky in several thousand pieces when it came to putting on the two arms and sliding the torso down onto the base insides.  Guess you need more than two hands to build one of these figures, especially the ones that have more than 3 things to balance while pushing them together!

Enjoy, Pgal :wave:
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2011, 19:47:01 »
thanks for the close up of the tatoos and the knight pics! both things are awesome! :love:
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline playmogal

• Playmo Master
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2011, 20:08:10 »
Remaining KNIGHT photos from this morning's Collectible finds:

The Green/Black knight costume is much easier on the eyes and more color coordinated. His shield thingy has some kind of animal on it, but I am not saying what it is because of the debates over the dinosaurs and dragon lookalikes. It is a pretty cool design and came on the shield thingy, not as a sticker.

His silver boots, green rib thingy and green ball thingy on the top of his helmet thingy are also pretty cute. His best feature however are his hazel (like Hubby's) asian eyes!!!

And for some reason he appears to be wearing red lipstick...uhhhh... do knights traditionally wear lipstick? And he has a nice case of stubble, which I would expect of a knight. But I don't kiss guys with stubble....ever...because it hurts my lips. So don't even think of his trying that move on one of my adorable maidens or whomever a knight tries to date. Someone may have to erase his stubble first because the eyes definitely are worth saving.

The black belt thingy matches his outfit, and I knew to put it on first when somehow smashing him together into one piece. His black belt thingy has a hook for holding something, so I put his sword thingy in there because it looks funny attaching his crossbow thingy to his belt. And also made it too easy to shoot himself in the foot, which could limit his years as a menacing member of society...somewhere.

One problem with the sword thingy mounted in the belt thingy....it pierces his boot if he moves. So this guy will have to be a statue somewhere...I recommend my favorite medieval place in France...the Palace of Popes in Avignon. It is a totally empty building if you visit on a cold, very rainy day in November and could use some knights or whatever.

Recommended music for fantasizing with these knight guys: the soundtrack from Halo (all parts) by Martin O'Donnell and Michael Salvatori. Especially track 17: The Maw.
Trevor Morris' score to all four seasons of the Tudors also blends well with this theme.

Enjoy, Pgal :wave:
The black wing things (did I say he is skillfully color coordinated) are an interesting touch. Does this mean that he can fly, or are the wings just for puffing up his size to scare off those nasty, larger predators with names that begin with a "d?"

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2011, 20:29:32 »
I understand what you mean ... but think of it in this way: there can't be a 10th wave unless there's been a first  ;)

Bogro

But still, they shouldve put in more generic parts. It would have helped with the customising. Less printing, less idiotic designs and so on. It couldve been a bit of a throwback to the old klickies of the 1970s. But if one klicky's torso is printed in the style of an american football jersey, how can you pair that with a knight's legs?

Still, most people seem to be happy about them, so ...

Sometimes I think the Jam got it right with the lyrics of Going Underground, you know.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline playmogal

• Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2011, 20:35:17 »
I agree. It would be neat to have some generic parts...especially solid color tops with bare arms, short sleeves and 3/4 sleeves in all skin colors. And the same with bottoms with bikini, short, skirt and capri (3/4) length legs in all colors.
And some heads in all colors with different color eyes and lips would be cool.
The new hair styles and colors are wonderful because they easily can be used in other figures. And the clogs on two of the collectibles are also quite useful for customs.

While there is nothing wrong with building these as designed, it would also be a lot of fun to mix and match solid colored parts like those above.

Cheers, Pgal

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2011, 20:36:01 »
But still, they shouldve put in more generic parts. It would have helped with the customising. Less printing, less idiotic designs and so on. It couldve been a bit of a throwback to the old klickies of the 1970s. But if one klicky's torso is printed in the style of an american football jersey, how can you pair that with a knight's legs?

True. I think they should have stuck with one or two "themes". Most of those figures would be great SPECIALS, cause that's what they ARE.

Still, I'm looking forward to them...

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2011, 20:40:56 »
Yeah. They're nice specials alright, especially the girlie range.

But yes I agree and Ive said it before that they should have stuck to one or two themes for the first wave. Cause if this flops, I don't see it going on for nine or ten waves.

Then they start blaming the market ...
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."