Author Topic: PM Heraldry  (Read 5892 times)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: PM Heraldry
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2010, 15:25:05 »
OK, guys, let me be the first to tell you that you are in for a treat!  There are 2, count 'em 2, fabulous websites dealing with Playmobil heraldry.

The older one first, put together by David Donachie:  Playmobil Armoury

The second, a beautifully organized collection by our own Tiermann, who put together the amazing Animobil website:
Shields and Heraldry at Animobil.info

Enjoy!!!  :)

These are great web sites Indiana!!! Thanks for the info and the link! I was not aware of them...hmm seems i am missing a few....thankfully!!!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2010, 15:25:43 »
Well I am loving it at least Wolf Knight!

Thanks a lot for this!

Thank you Gis!! I knew that you would!!!  :wave: :wave: :wave:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2010, 16:08:18 »
Thank you, Wolf Knight, for that very fast and comprehensive response.  Good work there!

Thank you Indianna for the links to David's and Tim's sites. When Gis first posed the question I had an idea there was one site but couldn't remember whose but you came up with two.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Abbot Hamilton

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Diet of Worms?
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2010, 16:24:47 »
 :wow: fantastic collection Wolf Knight, thanks for posting your pictures

Abbot Hamilton
O brother where for art thou?

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2010, 16:48:49 »
:wow: fantastic collection Wolf Knight, thanks for posting your pictures

Abbot Hamilton

Thank you Abbot Hamilton!!! I am so glad you liked it!!! :D :D :D

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2010, 16:49:41 »
Thank you, Wolf Knight, for that very fast and comprehensive response.  Good work there!

Thank you Gordon!! I was overwhelmed by the challenge!!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2010, 22:07:07 »
Thank you Gordon!! I was overwhelmed by the challenge!!

But a great knight always rises to a challenge and overcomes it!
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2010, 23:19:22 »
Thank you Gis for the question, and Wolf Knight for a very full answer! There's a few you have in there that I was previously unaware of. I particularly enjoy seeing the matching pieces together, so if a Knight has a caparison, shield, flag and tabard all bearing the same design, we can see the complete set. Tiermann has a complete (we think) set of all knights with caparisonned horses.

Tiermann's site and David's sites each do a great job. I particularly like Tiermann's site as it gives the part number if you want to place an order for a particular shield (just hover your mouse over the shield you want). David's of course is less up-to-date so less complete, but I like his descriptions using correct heraldic terminology. Of course different European countries have developed slightly different heraldic rules, so we should view Geobra's designs with an eye to their German roots.

Some of the best designs only appeared in one set (such as a special or easter egg), and it's a shame they had switched to more "Fisher Price" childish stylings (e.g. the crowned lion head and the red dragon face) just when I got back into collecting. Why they come up with a great simple design (e.g. the black spread eagle on red kite shield) and then drop it immediately is another puzzle I'd like Playmobil to answer. Maybe if we can establish better communication with Geobra through Richard's efforts then we can ask them about their heraldry decisions. 

I think Wolf Knight is a "true" collector, since he's tried to get at least one of everything available to him. My collection of shields and heraldry is more limited to what I like, or acquired in sets, and I've not bothered to go back to the old Nuremberg Guards, since it was easier to start with the Knights of the 3666 castle generation Some specials and Easter Egg figures I got multiples of to make a bigger force, but it gets expensive fast...
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 23:36:21 by Martin Milner »

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2010, 08:35:54 »

That is true!!! :D :D :D Thank you Gordon!!!

@ Martin: Thank you for your feedback! It is much appreciated! I do try to get hold of all knights that playmobil has produced, or is producing, or will be producing... It gets costly after a time, especially if a klicky is an exclusive or rare, but the satisfactionof having the knight next to the rest is tremedous!!!

I had trouble with the child-like symbols as you said, especially the latest dragon shield is rediculous (not the one from the Rock Castle but the one that goes with the knights of the chicken dragon) Should I consider them as coat of arms or just a symbol... Anyway, i've listed them there and here is the result...
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 16:07:12 by Wolf Knight »

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2010, 14:01:59 »

Wolf Knight,
Gordon' s comment on your work is so apropos that I cannot improve on it, so I will just quote him myself.  :)  I really like the way that you have displayed the heraldry by showing each knight with his complete and original set-up and I wish you luck in finding any that you may still need to complete your collection.

U.S.A.      Massachusetts