Author Topic: 4398 - Western Take Along (2011)  (Read 17610 times)

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
Re: 4398 - Western Take Along (2011)
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2011, 00:02:16 »
Definitely a great set to build up a little town with. I have Sheriffs offices, Saloons and Banks aplenty, but no normal businesses such as a Dry Goods Store, Barber, Undertaker etc., and no normal houses for people to live in, so the stickers will not be applied in my case. The Sheriffs office lock-up wold make a great store room for a dry goods store.

Shame they make the Sheriff's desk and chair red. Why? Why? What's wrong with a normal wood color? Is his desk not fashioned from wood? Maybe it's from a Californian Redwood...

Nice review Gis! I'll be getting two or three when they ride into town!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2011, 00:05:18 »
Maybe it's painted wood. ;D i'm going to do the same thing.... buy several and make different stickers (something I have never attempted) for them.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2011, 08:26:43 »
Hi, can I see some pictures on how the roof parts are connect to the building? Is it system X?

Here is a picture of the "front parts" of the buildings. The first and third parts are the roofs. They have four connectors that fit System-X holes. Hope this helps :-)

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2011, 11:54:00 »
Great review Gis.  This is on my wishlist.  Thanks for sharing.

Offline highlandcattle

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2011, 16:30:57 »
Here is a picture of the "front parts" of the buildings. The first and third parts are the roofs. They have four connectors that fit System-X holes. Hope this helps :-)

Much obliged

Offline highlandcattle

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2011, 18:36:21 »
I couldn't resist and bought this as well!

This is a lovely set and although it mostly uses old parts, it is the best set for me of 2011!
Couple of remarks:
I had the glass windows as well, maybe yours were simply missing?
The quality of some parts is different: items are more shiny, klicky's bend more easily and hats don't stay on to well. This set is completely made in the Czech republic. I guess that is why they could make it so cheap!
Absolutely love it!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2011, 18:38:31 »
In the czech republic? ??? Really? What's with all this farming out production lately?
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2011, 18:39:14 »
In the czech republic? ??? Really? What's with all this farming out production lately?
cheaper production costs  :(
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2011, 18:40:49 »
I know, but we're willing to pay more for the quality! That's why we buy playmobil, not megablocks!!! Are they crazy? They're going to lose a lot of customers if they sell out like this. >:(

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2011, 18:49:43 »
I know, but we're willing to pay more for the quality! That's why we buy playmobil, not megablocks!!! Are they crazy? They're going to lose a lot of customers if they sell out like this. >:(

absolutly...did I tell you that I throw away the clickies from the western I bought?  :(
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com