Author Topic: 5141 Cannon officer of the Redcoats  (Read 6378 times)

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
Re: 5141 Cannon officer of the Redcoats
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2011, 23:38:31 »
:) thanks for the review wolf knight.
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2011, 00:06:21 »
Thanks for the up close pics, Panos!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2011, 09:41:15 »
Thank you kindl;y for hte review and reminding me that ...

I want lots of these !!!

:hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit:

;D
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2011, 20:18:53 »
I bought this today. The printing's simply appaling. And there's way too many cannons in this theme: one here, another two in the fortress, two on the ship, one on the rowboat, one with the three pirates ... it's too much. It drives the price up.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2011, 20:44:14 »
I dont liek at all these new cannons with these stupid safety volleys, they look so silly and unrealistic , really put me off buying any of these ... thnak god i bought about 24 old pirate cannons from DS recently !!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2011, 20:59:27 »
I dont liek at all these new cannons with these stupid safety volleys, they look so silly and unrealistic , really put me off buying any of these ...

Agree. They're quite ridiculous. Especially when they insist on depicting the darn things with the missiles.

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2011, 21:06:06 »
Agree. They're quite ridiculous. Especially when they insist on depicting the darn things with the missiles.

giorginetto will never use these stupid cannons .. prefer the old ones . far more realistic if you ask me  :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2011, 21:56:08 »
Yeah, the cannons with the old system look much better! I've many of the new ones too, I'll use those on landbased fortifications and the other ones on the fleets. Perhaps I'll drill out the crosses in the gunbarrels of the new ones...

I like the uniform of the soldier, but I too prefer the version without the printed belts (soldier in 5139 fortress, and the DS-add on ones).
Btw, adding the crossbelts from the old redcoats to the new version without the printed belts, doesn't look too good IMHO; too much off the uniform gets hidden beneath the belts. Just a single white female  ;D shoulderbelt for a sword/sabre/rapier looks best on them, I think.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2011, 08:14:04 »
I gues it was changed for child safety reasons.

That and the little cannon balls tend to get lost. I can't remember ever having seen cannonballs belonging to my brother's ship.

Still, they could have done something better or at least include a pile of cannonballs thats one object. I never was one to actually shoot with such cannons anyways. 

With lego I just used it to keep count of how many shots they could fire.
So in that regard its not that bad now, I keep the projectiles but wouldnt ever use them. And aside from this the cannon designs look quite nice.

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2011, 05:08:44 »
Interesting about the "rubber" .
But the set looks great!

I've gotten a few torches that are broken there (the flame).  Not to mention at the bottom of the torch.

I wonder if they changed this due to complaints?