Author Topic: 5139 Soldiers Fort with dungeon treasure  (Read 28616 times)

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
Re: 5139 Soldiers Fort with dungeon treasure
« Reply #90 on: September 26, 2011, 17:41:35 »

There must be some kind of game in the bigisland involving these coins...

Correct and it's fun! The coins contain a RFID tag (little printed antenne) if you put them in the right order in the island the door of the treasure cave opens. The coin within this set can be used for either two different coins that come along the island.
Difficult to explain you can watch this link, its in German ofcourse.

http://download.playmobil.com/FunAction/Microsites/Piraten11/DE/index.php

Well since I want that coin I'm obliged to buy this set.  :P

Thanks for the nice review and pics btw. :)
:playmo: :egypt: :roman: :builder: :playmo:

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #91 on: September 29, 2011, 19:17:41 »
Make sure to put a competent guard in front of the jail though....

Having such a large bottle of rum with this set might not give your clickies the right ideas about duty.

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #92 on: October 03, 2011, 12:51:26 »
I got this set yesterday as a belated bday present, and I put it together this morning. I really like it. My only gripes:

I really wish it were *slightly* bigger. As it is, it is barely big enough for 3 klickies. It doesn't have to be massive, but I think that too much space is being wasted with current designs. For eg ... the 3665 castle isn't much bigger than this one and yet there's more room. This fortress, there's barely the space for a klicky and his cannon up on the turret. Secondly, I love the klickies. They are beautiful. But - we've said this already - I hate the holster thing on the officer. It *almost* ruins the figure for me. You can't really put in a rapier and you can't put in a pistol. Thirdly, we've also discussed the potential brittleness of the new plastic. I don't see the rapiers lasting 10-20 years, which is a shame. Still, I like it a lot.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #93 on: October 03, 2011, 13:03:18 »
I agree with you Bolingbroke, it should have been a little bigger and the holster is just horrible...

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #94 on: October 04, 2011, 02:18:27 »
The holster is terrible. Not to mention that if it were to be used for the rapier, it should be on the left side. ::)
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #95 on: October 04, 2011, 10:27:40 »
maybe he is left handed?  :lol:
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #96 on: October 04, 2011, 10:36:04 »
Still, it's nice to see the inclusion here of an englishman who is neither a soldier nor an officer. I just finished assembling the new pirate ship. The dearth of accessories is rather embarassing, even for the price.

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #97 on: October 04, 2011, 22:49:26 »
The Redcoat with the officer: I removed the holster and gave him a darkbrown belly-belt; when the holster is removed there is a little hole in the klicky on that side, but the belt masks that, though not entirely. Mabye using a tiny bit of resin and red paint will make the still visible part of the hole disappear...

I just finished assembling the new pirate ship.

Bought at Fun?  ;)

What do you think of the red bow, anchorwheel and helm?  And the stickers?
On my 5135s I'm replacing the anchor- and helmwheels, and the red bows with ones sprayed in a copper-colour or by golden ones (available on the 3940). I'm applying other stickers as well...

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #98 on: October 04, 2011, 23:16:51 »
The Redcoat with the officer: I removed the holster and gave him a darkbrown belly-belt; when the holster is removed there is a little hole in the klicky on that side, but the belt masks that, though not entirely. Mabye using a tiny bit of resin and red paint will make the still visible part of the hole disappear...

Trench-coats hide them completely. :)
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #99 on: October 05, 2011, 07:01:50 »

Bought at Fun?  ;)

What do you think of the red bow, anchorwheel and helm?  And the stickers?
On my 5135s I'm replacing the anchor- and helmwheels, and the red bows with ones sprayed in a copper-colour or by golden ones (available on the 3940). I'm applying other stickers as well...

No  :) I am spending a couple of days at home, so I bought them from the Malta Funpark. All things considered it's not a bad ship, colour scheme and all. Certainly an improvment on the previous one. The red helm is ok ... couldve been worse, couldve been yellow like the one you find on the redcoats boat. The stickers too. If anything it's the colour scheme on the klickies that I am not that crazy about, especially the 'ginger' captain and the pirate with the hippy shirt.

As I said, it's the lack of accessories that I mind. In the past, buying such a ship used to be a bit of an event because you would get all this stuff, but now you get next to nothing. You get no fruit, no utensils, no cups ... and btw I would probabl have done without the cannons too. I would rather have pretended that the guns below were real ones than having two silly cannons on the deck. But as I said, as far as the actual ship goes, I think it's rather decent.