Author Topic: Hi, from Spain  (Read 2487 times)

Offline Playmoblogger

• Playmo Pal
    • mad on playmobil
Re: Hi, from Spain
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2019, 14:45:01 »
Thank you very much for your warm welcome. Yes, Graham, Playmobil has a lot of followers in Spain. I remembered since 15 years ago there has been a growing much activity of fleamarkets and fairs in the main cities of Spain (Barcelona, Madrid, Sevilla, Bilbao….). Here in Madrid, you can find a flea market each weekend, some Saturdays two fleamarkets at the same time (lol).  There is a very active market with some specialized dealers and shops (second hand and new). Playmobil (Famobil) was a very popular toy maker in Spain since the '70s and there are a lot of collectors (between 5 and 50 years old). There are also many eBay dealers. We have here in Madrid a Playmobil Fun Store Shop and a Playmobil factory in Onil (Alicante). Sorry, if you already knew all that information.

Here in Spain, there are some great customizers and pieces, figures and accessories creators (even 3d printers). Also, you have some forums (I do not belong to any of them) like Amcliks or Playclikcs and many blogs (like ours) where you can find ideas to enjoy the hobby.

When the PCC was working I have read that Spain is the second country with the highest number of members. I am not sure that it was true, but I believe that probably was on the top five. Playmobil is a minority hobby. I really miss PCCC

Nowadays with the net, this is not quite important, because the World is smaller, and you can make, share or find easily things about the hobby. Regards

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2019, 15:35:32 »
When the PCC was working I have read that Spain is the second country with the highest number of members. I am not sure that it was true, but I believe that probably was on the top five. Playmobil is a minority hobby. I really miss PCCC

AFAIK, Spain had the highest number of PCC members...

I miss the PCC very much too  :'(  >:(

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2019, 09:35:19 »
Sorry, if you already knew all that information.

Don't apologise- it's very interesting and in any case, my memory is terrible!

Sorry, if you already knew all that information.

Don't apologise- it's very interesting and in any case, my memory is terrible.

...there are a lot of collectors (between 5 and 50 years old)

What happens to them when they reach 50? :o
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Playmoblogger

• Playmo Pal
    • mad on playmobil
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2019, 08:31:38 »
Thank you GrahamB and Tahra.

Sorry, I am learning how to write here.

People of 50 or more (now) usually collect GI JOE, rc trains, plastic toy soldiers and Scalextric. They were not boys when Playmobil started and they loved their toys also. There are few people of 50 or more interested in Playmobil (in percent), but I know great Playmobil lovers of 60 years old. It is what I see in the fairs and fleamarkets. I am very near of 50 so... (lol)

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2019, 16:35:40 »
I wanted to say 'hi' too  :wave:  I'm happy you found your way to Playmofriends.

The PCC was a good place to meet new people, I do miss that too...

Offline lisaastrup

• Playmo Enthusiast
  • I love to play and collect
    • Astrup Art
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2019, 21:56:32 »
welcome.

I’m a very old playmo lover and have not much yet, my children had it many years ago,
bought some for the grandson og kept some of it just for me, ha,ha... :lol:

I love Lego too, maybe I’m just a crazy toy lover, but I have fun.
kind regards
Lisa Astrup