Author Topic: PlaymoFriends Calandar Photo Contest? Shall we discuss this?  (Read 5717 times)

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
PlaymoFriends Calandar Photo Contest? Shall we discuss this?
« on: December 20, 2005, 21:05:39 »
'lo All!  :wave:

The idea came up in this thread to discuss making a PlaymoFriends Calandar. My thought is that we may wish to institute some sort of photo sumissions "contest" (I use that word with great fear and trepidation  :-\) in which we could have, for example, monthy or seasonal submissions of photos for the various months. The selected entries could then be compiled into a lovely calandar for 2007. 

So, for example, we could have a photo contest ending in January for a "January" photo and so on. At this stage this is just an idea so I'd love to hear suggestions/comments from any of you.  Thanks! - Diana
Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS

Offline Red

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Proud mommy of M and G!
Re: PlaymoFriends Calandar Photo Contest? Shall we discuss this?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 00:30:38 »
I love the idea of a playmofriends calendar... my only suggestion would be for one of the guidelines for each month's submissions to be that they try to be appropriate to that month. I.e. no eskimo pics in July...

Also, if we really plan on making a printed calendar, we probably ought to establish guidelines for the size of the pics needed/their resolution, etc. Otherwise the pics may look great online, but terrible on paper at the size they will presumably all be blown up to.

Cheers,
Red
One half the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other. - Jane Austen

Offline Morgan

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 12:45:30 »
Maybe a sort of contest where one have to make a photo based on a theme. For January it could be a wintertheme, lovetheme in February, March the theme could be the planet Mars and so on....

But I'm not sure, maybe a contest based on themes would be a little too narrow for our site, since it's not the largest board on the web. Could be a problem to get participants in some themes.

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 01:57:52 »
I think the theme narrowness could be avoided by defining the monthly theme very broadly.  For example, January could be focused on the New Year, Nature, Celebrations, Sports, etc.

The only months with fairly obvious themes would be February (Valentine's) October (Halloween) and December (Winter Holidays)...but folks could enter photos that weren't about those holidays if they wished (e.g. Falling Leaves for October).  I think people might want to stay away from holidays that are just in one country (e.g July4th Independence Day in the U.S.) or religious in nature as the end result is to be a 2007 calandar for everyone.
Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS

Offline Dan

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2006, 18:39:36 »
I like the calendar idea but disagree with leaving out holidays that only apply in one country.

We could have (say) the Guy Fawkes pictures (see "special days" thread) for November and an Independence Day picture for July plus any others we can think of.  All we'd need to do is add a brief explanation saying what's going on and why.

I think including those would make the calendar more interesting and unusual.

Can you imagine a floor full of Guardsmen klickies on parade for the Queen of England's official birthday in June.  Wonderful!