Author Topic: "Black Prince" - updated  (Read 1927 times)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
"Black Prince" - updated
« on: September 11, 2011, 04:17:34 »
I've made some alterations to one of my 5135-ships, the "Black Prince", so it looks different to the first pics posted earlier in the other thread;

* Like with the Dutch sistership (galleon "Verenigde Provinciën"), I've now added original 3940/3286 sidestickers.

*Black riggings instead of the white ones.

*I kept the yellow cabinwindows, but I spraypainted the red bow-ornament in a copper-colour.
I didn't swap it for a golden one to have some more colour-distinction with the tanbrown deckcolour. I won't use yellow cabinwindows together with the red bow-ornament anymore on these ships (like on the original 5135) because it just looks a bit too colourfull that way.

*The cannons with red carriages and silver barrels on the installed 3940-gundeck are swapped out for cannons with brown carriages and black barrels. (the red cannons will be used on 3rd sistership named "Red Adder" ;))

« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 04:25:10 by Hadoque »

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Hadoque

• Playmo Master
Re: "Black Prince" - updated
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 04:23:06 »
closer-ups...

Btw, I notice the quality of the pics ain't good... Bad lighting/weather when the pics were taken, but I think I should consider buying a better camera (and spend a bit less on Playmo for a while  :uhoh:) and also improve my pic-shooting techniques... ::)

Offline Hadoque

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 04:29:17 »
Sistership "Verenigde Provinciën", with the "Black Prince" on the background...
The  "VP" has the original 5315's red bow-ornament, but I've swapped the yellow cabinwindows for golden-coloured ones from the 3940. Looks a bit less colourfull & thus better I think...

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 06:53:04 »
I like the copper bow tip of the ship!!!

Offline PrimusPilus

• Playmo Addict
  • Aut caesar, aut nihil!
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 12:29:40 »
It looks fantastic Hadoque!
The details you gave it make it really stand out (looks even better then the Verenigde!).
The only thing I didn't like on the Black Prince are the skull & crossbones on the sails.
Cheers!
Luciano

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 12:34:35 »
Very nice! I also think it would look better with plain sails
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Hadoque

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 16:28:34 »
yes, the problem is the 5135 comes with 1 plain sail and 1 skull-sail. So I buy them in pairs (*), and then equip 1 ship with plain sails and the other with the skull-ones.
I too mostly prefer the plain sails, but I think they aren't available through DS right now and also my next big DS-order is still a few months in the future.

(*):
Luckily the 5135-ship is quite affordable:
The 3940 (US-3286) was priced between 75 and 100 euro in Belgium at the time, while the 5135 is at the moment 70 euro in most belgian shops and 65 euro on the belgian Playmobil-website.
And I found a reliable online retailer in Germany that sells it for 48 euro! So I buy several cheaper items (not just ships) from this seller, and with shipping included things are still much more affordable then buying them in my local shops!  :lol: