Creative > How-To

OJO, anyone ?

(1/3) > >>

tahra:
So, they grew on me....  and I got a couple.

https://www.playmobil.pt/on/demandware.store/Sites-PT-Site/pt_PT/Search-Show?q=ojo

Question is... HOW do you use them?

You put another pot in them, is that it?

I am confused.

I want to try having some sort of mint (I think it's called in english), and some other sort of...  something that can be eaten :P

Does someone actually have these and successfully planted something?  I need a how-to - for DUMMIES! :-[

playmofire:

--- Quote from: tahra on May 08, 2023, 08:07:13 ---So, they grew on me....  and I got a couple.

https://www.playmobil.pt/on/demandware.store/Sites-PT-Site/pt_PT/Search-Show?q=ojo

Question is... HOW do you use them?

You put another pot in them, is that it?

I am confused.

I want to try having some sort of mint (I think it's called in english), and some other sort of...  something that can be eaten :P

Does someone actually have these and successfully planted something?  I need a how-to - for DUMMIES! :-[

--- End quote ---

Your're thinking of herbs - mint, thyme, oregano, parsley rosemary, that sort of thing.  Not all herbs are able to be grown in pots

tahra:

--- Quote from: playmofire on May 08, 2023, 10:48:08 ---Your're thinking of herbs - mint, thyme, oregano, parsley rosemary, that sort of thing.  Not all herbs are able to be grown in pots

--- End quote ---

Yes - the one I am planning to get does grow in pots (though the ojo is tiny) ...

Birdie:
I'm not the most avid gardner, but I think if the pot has a hole in the bottom, you can put the soil directly in the pot. Then you'd need a dish to go underneath - it will hold any excess water.
If the pot doesn't have a hole, you'd need to use a smaller plastic pot for the soil, and a thin layer of pebbles underneath, so the excess water can sit there.

playmofire:

--- Quote from: Birdie on May 08, 2023, 18:01:46 ---I'm not the most avid gardner, but I think if the pot has a hole in the bottom, you can put the soil directly in the pot. Then you'd need a dish to go underneath - it will hold any excess water.
If the pot doesn't have a hole, you'd need to use a smaller plastic pot for the soil, and a thin layer of pebbles underneath, so the excess water can sit there.

--- End quote ---

You don't want the soil to become waterlogged as the roots of the plant won't like it, and remember, many herbs grow in hot, dry countries. 

The hole in the bottom of the pot can become clogged by the wet soil, so put some pebbles in before the soil or put a broken piece of pottery (a bit of broken plant pot or broken saucer would do, but it needs to allow excess water to drain out of the hole) and, of course, stand the pot in a dish of some sort for the water to drain into.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version