Author Topic: Help! mysterious knight saddle - unidentified in PlaymoDB  (Read 4539 times)

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
Re: Help! mysterious knight saddle - unidentified in PlaymoDB
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2022, 12:06:44 »
I have this shade of saddle, it came in set 5888 a knight blister pack, perhaps it was picked from the hopper for that set for yours?

Thanks, Baron – this is very interesting. A saddle exclusive for the US market it seems to be!

Are you sure? That saddle looks to be brown (like the one from Set 3699 that zezemanolo mentioned in the first post). I have Set 5888, but it has been opened. I looked through my horses and have one with a brown saddle that looks to be the one from this set, and I do not have any dark red saddles of this style.
~Pynedor~

Offline zezemanolo

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2022, 14:22:44 »
Thanks, Baron – this is very interesting. A saddle exclusive for the US market it seems to be!

Are you sure? That saddle looks to be brown (like the one from Set 3699 that zezemanolo mentioned in the first post). I have Set 5888, but it has been opened. I looked through my horses and have one with a brown saddle that looks to be the one from this set, and I do not have any dark red saddles of this style.

I thought the same thing, at least it looks like the 5888 set has the brown saddle 30077360, but maybe Baron Marshall blister came with a different color.

To help, I took a photo where I compare the dull red saddle with some other items of same shade that I found and with other types of similar saddles.

- JPEG saddles in order: 1) 30218432 (less common dark brown); 2) 30077360 (most common dark brown); 3) 30076560 (light brown); 4) unidentified dull red; 5) 30092840 (red);

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2022, 16:36:37 »
mine have also been opened but yes I am sure that the Maroon/burgundy saddle came with all of the 5888's i bought but they may have had different production runs
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2022, 19:49:50 »
My 5888 appears to have been brown. I don't have any other examples of the dark red knight saddle except from 5731. I do think it must have a unique number from the regular red one. PlaymoDB just has the most likely number in this case and not a certain one. PlaymoDB does list one knight saddle without a picture or color, but it is actually the silver one.  So a mystery until they reuse it.

Offline zezemanolo

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2022, 22:34:52 »
My 5888 appears to have been brown. I don't have any other examples of the dark red knight saddle except from 5731. I do think it must have a unique number from the regular red one. PlaymoDB just has the most likely number in this case and not a certain one. PlaymoDB does list one knight saddle without a picture or color, but it is actually the silver one.  So a mystery until they reuse it.

Great point. Assuming that this saddle is exclusive for 5731, It will be a nightmare for me to find a spare piece for my last 5731 knight (which has the wrong saddle - I have bought it used) - as hard as finding the ultra rare gold saddle from 3837 set. :o :o :o

Lets hope for Playmobil to use it again!! Even better if this new set contains instruction sheet so we can confirm its part number.

By the way, exactly same thing hapened with 5731 belt loop (also in the same dark red color). At the begining, without any deeper info, PlaymoDB thought we were dealing with 30201940 belt loop (light red), but then, after new sets reusing it, we could confirm it was in fact a different belt loop - 30245160.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2022, 08:01:50 »
Thank you for this, GrahamB – I see things exactly like you do (I wanted to object to your previous post but now don't have to :) )

Actually, I was a bit lazy before making my first post and I didn't look up the reference (5731), so I assumed we were talking about a set for which Heather had got the part numbers from Building Instructions.
Sorry! :-[
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2022, 19:01:56 »
I have many "minimal pairs" of items in the two colours around

Some examples:

Are these reds systematically distinguished in PlaymoDB?

Offline zezemanolo

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2022, 18:38:33 »

Are these reds systematically distinguished in PlaymoDB?

Hi...an interesting feedback: I have ordered 15x 30245160 belt loops (dark red) from playmobil.de and it seems that even them are having some trouble to distinghish both colors.

Please check that they sent me some 30201940 belt loops (light red) instead of 30245160 belt loops... ??? ??? ??? ???

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2022, 21:31:21 »
I am still not sure whether there are distinct part numbers for the saddle, but I have received substituted parts before. Perhaps that is what happened with your belt loops, if they did not have that many of the darker shade available. :-\
~Pynedor~

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2022, 08:09:26 »
It is possible there was a 'picking' error with the belt loops where the 'wrong' part was picked out of the storage containers in the spare parts department - it has happened to me several times before. Or perhaps the two colours were mixed in the storage container. Even if you ordered some 30201940 belt loops (light red), you might get a mixture. Frustrating!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)